Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a vacation and have been away from the forum for a while, so i´m sorry if this has come up earlier, but i just got an email telling that ME80 is 64 bit now. Some of you might wanna know about it. Just saying.

Isn't it Synth Edit ?

EDIT : Hmmm I guess not any longer.........

"I hope some of the ME80 owners can assist me to betatest the new ME80 in one of these formats:
Win 32/64bit.
Mac 32/64bit. "

:shrug:
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That's really weird - 64bit SynthEdit is still in alpha. Nonetheless, great news, if true. I flipped an email to Gunnar at Memorymoon, hopefully he'll weigh in on this.

Edit: just got a reply - it's true. He's sending download links to the registered users in batches (he said he'd done 1/3 today). Hooray! I was about to buy to get my CS-80 fix, but was dreading having to JBridge it. Problem solved (and bought).
Last edited by nofrets on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundClound

See my edit above quoted from their forums........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It´s not Synthedit anymore, C++ instead,- and AFAIK betatesting is over.
It will work on Mac too now.

Means:
I have it and it sounds great but I also wait for the final release ...
2 or 3 weeks perhaps.

P.

This is all according to Gunnar´s email that i got posted today:

Changes:
ME80v2 has been built from scratch using CK_Engine.
Improved CPU performance. Shorter loading times. GUI delay in Reaper fixed.
New Wah function by Chris Kerry (based on the CS80 specification)
New Chorus/Tremolo by Chris Kerry (based on the CS80 specification)
New Drift/Detune system. Each Row has assignable Analogue Drift, all voices have independent analogue drift - this emulates the natural tuning drift of Analogue circuits. Square and Dual Saw waves have separate positive/negative detuning allowing balanced natural detuned sounds.
New Note On SYNC: When OFF, all voice oscillators are free-running. When ON, voice oscillators reset for each Note; Note On Sync generally has a 'tighter' attack sound.
New VCF KeyTracking Button: When OFF, a fixed sloping filter response is applied across the keyboard (default). When ON, the filter response is flat.
GUI Envelopes: All aspects of the Envelopes can be edited from the GUI. The VCA Envelopes can be extended up to 8 stages with different shapes.
Sustain Footswitch Mode: When OFF, the sustain pedal acts as a standard Note Hold. When ON the sustain pedal operates the original CS80 specification by controlling the Sustain Master amount.
Aftertouch/Bend Speed: Sets the smoothing/glide response time. For gliding effects use high times, for fast realtime response set the lowest time.
Improved smoother reverb with higher density.
MIDI LEARN: Right Click on controls to Assign MIDI CC or NRPN. Just move the external controller to assign via MIDI LEARN. Settings apply to all patches in the bank.

Deleted the velocity envelope due to user requests - 'INITIAL' now follows the original CS80 specification.
All quirks in ME80 version1 recreated.

When recreating old patches, keep this in mind:
The velocity envelope is gone, so you may have to set shorter attack and longer decay times, alternatively reduce AL and compensate with higher cutoff. The old velocity envelope had a shape like a gunshot.

Do anybody know what is CK engine?
Murderous duck!

It seems it is Chris Kerry´s customized code. I might be wrong here though. But i´m quite sure it is just that what it means.

excellent synth and now free update to x64! bought! :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I got a phone text message from microsoft that some strangeres had entered my email account this morning. (Using my password). I think a lot about security, so I did not log into my email during summer holiday, only from this desktop computer.

*I was logged into the mailaccount when I got the message, and the next time I logged in I was told to restore my account (then I knew that it was a trustworty message , I never trust phone messages or emails.) Password is now changed. Let me know if anyone has recieved spam from me......

VST instuments and crime...........

All the best
gunnare

So did someone break into your E-mail account to send out info about ME80 as 64 bit? :?

I just checked the MemoryMoon website, and no info posted there that it is going 64 bit ?

I am trying to remember the names of all the betatesters.

First of all: Great Britan played a big role.
It was coded by Chris Kerry (UK)
It has new sounds by Robin Grinnall and Paul Roach (Both UK).
And thanks to Robin Grinnall to keep my spirit up when I was tired!

Betatesters:
Robin Grinnall, Paul Roach, Peter Werner, "L" (Lew), Georges Poropat, Jesper Freisleben Nilsen, Ralph Mangeno and many more.......

I am sorry seems like I have deleted the email messages when I did a big cleaning before release, please help me complete the betatester list! Big thanks to all betatesters!

It is made with CK_engine, it is better to let him explain what it is.

I have sent download links to 1/3 of the registered users. I think all should recieve their download link before the weekend. Please check your spam folder for download links. If you have not recieved download links by sunday you may write a request to me. My mailadress is at the bottom of the startpage of http://www.memorymoon.com/

All the best
gunnare
Last edited by gunnare on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Numanoid wrote:So did someone break into your E-mail account to send out info about ME80 as 64 bit? :?

I just checked the MemoryMoon website, and no info posted there that it is going 64 bit ?
The plan was to send download links to all registered users before the release. I am still sending download links........

This update was possible because so many people bought the synth. Especially winter 2014 had good sales. I tought that if there is so much interest for it they deserve that I do a major upgrade. So if you bought the synth in the 3 last years 100% of what you paid for the synth went into this upgrade. And it is an example of what can be done when people pay for the software they use. Big thanks to all the people who supported this project!

All the best
gunnare

gunnare wrote:The plan was to send download links to all registered users before the release.
OK, then I understand
gunnare wrote:So if you bought the synth in the 3 last years 100% of what you paid for the synth went into this upgrade. And it is an example of what can be done when people pay for the software they use.
Cool :)

I don't own ME80, but have bougth MemoryMoon and Messiah from you, maybe they are due for an update too? :hyper:

gunnare, I've just given you admin permissions for Memory Moon at KVR so you can list your products and announce them in the news.
gunnare wrote:
Numanoid wrote:So did someone break into your E-mail account to send out info about ME80 as 64 bit? :?

The plan was to send download links to all registered users before the release. I am still sending download links........

This update was possible because so many people bought the synth. Especially winter 2014 had good sales. I tought that if there is so much interest for it they deserve that I do a major upgrade. So if you bought the synth in the 3 last years 100% of what you paid for the synth went into this upgrade. And it is an example of what can be done when people pay for the software they use. Big thanks to all the people who supported this project!

All the best
gunnare

Return to “Instruments”