eq to compliment dc8c2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi i need an eq. these are the ones im considering.

sonimus son eq pro, ddmf6144, sonimus sweetone, tboz tbone.

i know theirs slick eq gentleman's edition but this eq doesn't click with me.

ill be using this with tal uno lx and omnisphere. what would you buy to use with dc8c2?

note. i like easy to program fx with hidden depth i realize dc8c2 is a complex compressor but i just use easy modes 1-4.

i like plugins that wont easily destroy a mix. better to use what you can control.

SweeTone is only tilt and filters.

I personally recommend the HoRNeT SW34EQ. I love this thing, VERY intuitive and sounds awesome.

I recommend to demo FF Pro-MB. When you close range and threshold it is only EQ.
On the dynamic phase 4X oversampling it really sounds like nothing else I heard so far.
I'm using it like EQ and it sounds like hardware boosting. Bold and smooth without any harshness. Natural.
Others sounds thin when you boost highs. Just demo it.

Give Equality or Equick a demo.
:borg:

im looking for around 50 usd.

This got a pretty good review in CM

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... eq-551181/

i should state, i don't like splines, nodes eqs.

What DAW are you using?

Please try the TDR VOS SlickEQ. There is a free version, and a very cheap version ($40) with more features. They're both incredible.

EDIT: Oh sorry, didn't see that you already tried it. Excuse me.

V0RT3X wrote:What DAW are you using?
ableton live. i know theirs the ableton effects but i prefer third party.

DDMF IIEQ Pro (it has parallel mode and some very interesting filters), ToneBoosters Equalizer (M/S mode) - both have spectrums and both are extra cheap and well worth the money!
I see you use Klanghelm, and both DDMF and TB fit the cheap and high quality market segment just like Klanghelm does.
TB EQ is included in Track Essentials which are 24.95€ (an insane bargain) and IIEQ Pro is 29€ so you'll spend a bit over 50€ for an amazing arsenal.

Both of these are clean EQs and can stand almost everything you throw at them, and stand their own even compared to the best digital EQs including Equilibrium and Pro Q. I have compared them meticulously and there is absolutely no need to throw the money because these guys can do the same job for a lot less.

If you want color EQs, that's another story.
I hope I helped a little bit.
It's easy if you know how

i actually own the tone boosters track fx but all i really use is baricade. so will be selling that soon. i wont rule out the tdr eq though. it may be much better then the basic slick eq.

Yorrrrrr wrote:Please try the TDR VOS SlickEQ. There is a free version, and a very cheap version ($40) with more features. They're both incredible.

EDIT: Oh sorry, didn't see that you already tried it. Excuse me.

considering it...

lesha wrote:
If you want color EQs, that's another story.
I hope I helped a little bit.
sonimus son eq pro, ddmf6144, sonimus sweetone, tboz tbone.

are these color eqs?

Well, I wouldn' call them all color EQs, except for the ones that emulate analog gear.
T-Bone is an excellent clean "tilt" EQ, it is great for the tilt use, but it depends on what you need out of an EQ, it is not flexible enough for classic and more precise tasks.
Luftikus is great for mastering and subtly adjusting a decibel or two, and it's free.
You could check out OverTone DSP Pultec emulations - PTH-2A and PTC-2A, I found them excellent for the price and I've tested a lot of other ones, which are way more expensive.
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”