Why don't you want to buy a used Fxpansion licence?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

What makes you NOT want to buy a used Fxpansion licence?

The $50 transfer fee
49%
The learning curve on how to use Fxpansion products
2%
Lack of good presets
2%
Not enough bug fixes
8%
They frequently sell their software for so cheap with random sales that its hard to resell
5%
All of the Above
13%
Ichthys
22%

Total votes: 63

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just created a poll because I'd like to know out of curiosity why people don't snag these. This thread is not a bash at FXpansion at all, I love their products I'm just surprised at seeing them take forever to sell on the marketplace and i want to know why.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

You know that it's not a correct KVR poll, so go fix it.

Fixed :P

I couldn't get anyone to buy anything I was "selling" (eventually GIVING away) so I guess people feel like 2nd hand software is somehow worth less than 2nd hand underwear or something. Oh well.

Maybe we're just really bad salespeople.

You need to add a couple more options:

6) They frequently sell their software for so cheap that you can't hope to resell it.

7) They suck at fixing bugs so no one wants to f*** with them anymore.

-Sam

Fxpansion GURU has always been one of my favorite plugins. I remember back when it came out, I used to use it like crazy and had so much fun with it. Maybe I'll revisit it now, seeing this thread reminds me.

Even though there are so many good mpc clones, I think GURU is by far the easiest (maybe Maschine a close second). The way you can do stutters, panning, volume automation, etc. It's just hard to beat...

Well I decided not to purchase any more FXpansion gear because:

... of the way they handled the Mailing List hacking scam. Whatever that DAW was called.

... because they don't service their products.

... because that picture of the FXpansion guy (that used to be on the KvR front page) used to creep me out.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

masterhiggins wrote:You need to add a couple more options:

6) They frequently sell their software for so cheap that you can't hope to resell it.

7) They suck at fixing bugs so no one wants to f*** with them anymore.

-Sam
Added your suggestions.

The $50 transfer fee makes me not want to SELL my Fxpansion licenses, because the seller has to pay the fee, so it's generally not worth the bother. The problem is that it causes some sellers to hike their prices up to the point where, as masterhiggins mentioned, the secondhand license costs far more than their sale prices do, so that can discourage potential buyers.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Ok so when i added the new questions it freakin reset the poll ..

no more new suggestions will be added.

Because I'm not very interested in any FXpansion products.

Forget the prices of the software, even the $50 is too much in comparison to other stuff.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I recently bought GEIST in the market place after thorough studying of many docs, tuts, vids & stuff. When it came out I wasn't interested but things always change as you peeps know.

The seller did well with the price (fee paid by him) and the deal was smooth from both him and FXpansion.

Conclusion: Can't say anything negative. *shrug*

$50 transfer fee is another way of saying, we don't allow license transfers. Personally I'm not much interested in the products, Etch looks interesting and it was on no-brainer sale some time ago, but it didn't work at all on my DAW, so... Fish!

Etch is the only FXpansion product I have (as well as the CM versions of Geist and Guru). Picked it up in a no-brainer sale for less than the transfer fee. No plans to sell it anyway as its a pretty good filter. Was planning to grab Bloom sometime, when the price is right.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”