Should i upgrade? Sampletank 3

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Musical Gym wrote:What is my upgrade price if I miss the July 24th deadline? Right now it shows $99.99.
Not sure why you would make the cut-off date the 24th when most people get paid at the end/beginning of the month.
The pricing structure going forward is detailed here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

The release date was what the team committed to for finally getting SampleTank 3 out. Personally I would never make it close to the end/beginning of the month (even this close) due to so many other bills being due at that time for a lot of folks but it wasn't my call either way.

To answer the other question, until release only IK and Sweetwater have the preorder, and then pricing at the link above will be available from us and other vendors. At that time, they will have the Introductory price which will not be as low as the preorder pricing.

thanks

mhog wrote:
bosone wrote:same for me.
i would have payd maybe 30$ for just the ST3 engine, without the sounds, to be able to play old ST2 and miroslav content. i simply don't need 33GB of useless (for me!) sounds that i can easily duplicate with my other libraries.
i just don't understand IK policy regarding this matter.
If you need ST3 engine so much, just buy ST3 complete and then remove the useless (for you) sounds. An "empty ST3 engine" is rather weird as a concept, IMO, being it a rompler and not even a ST2 update, but a brand new instrument (yet capable of ST2 old sounds import).
I just don't "need" the ST3 sounds, i deeply thought about that.
for me it would just be nice to be able to use the old ST2 sounds (I have all of them in the IK total bundle) with a usable interface. ST2 interface just sucks, but there are some (just some, not so many, indeed!) nice sounds in it :)

Since i don't really need any of the ST3 sounds, 99€ for me (80+tax) were really too much, so why spending money in something i don't need?.
i would happily pay maybe about 20-30€ for just the engine to import ST2 sounds, that's all... moreover,but i can also live without ST2 sounds, that's not a problem.
i just prefer to save these 100€ for komplete 10 upgrade (I have komplete 8) instead of ST3, it has much more value IMHO.
but i could easily have spent 20-30 € for the ST3 engine update without even thinking about it!

BBFG# wrote:
bosone wrote: i would have payd maybe 30$ for just the ST3 engine, without the sounds,
... i just don't understand IK policy regarding this matter.
I guess I just don't understand your rationale regarding this matter.
Hmm. So you would pay $30.00 for an update but not $99.99 for an upgrade? If that is the case then the fact you think the engine alone is worth $30.00 puts the remainder of value in a 25-33GB library for $69.99, which is great considering it's given content.
Unless you keep procrastinating and drive the price higher. I guess you could wait for their next Group Buy though.
i thought about the future group buy.
moreover there was nothing really intersting in ST3 sound library that i don't already have. maybe in the future they will offer a path to use just the old ST2 sounds in the new interface (expecialy miroslav), but if not i can just live without.

the only *real* reason that made me think about the ST3 upgrade was indeed the possibilty to use Miroslav sounds in an efficient way. but then i realized that i already have several orchestral libraries (garritan instant and personal orchestra + kontakt 5 VSL + kirk hunter solo strings) and miroslav would not add "so much" to my palette.
maybe they will think about a dedicate update to this library, with more features like legato, dedicate keyswitching, deep expression control, round robin, etc. then i maybe will consider it! :)

budweiser wrote:
Kraznet wrote:I thought the upgrade price of €79 was pretty good but then I put it in the basket and VAT was added at 20%. So it's not as cheap as I thought it was. I'm not sure I can justify paying out for yet another VSTi. I have more sounds and plug-ins than I need already. Give me 5 compelling reasons why I need Samplertank 3 Peter :)
You can buy from sweetwater for $99 and avoid the taxes :party:

in my case (Italy) I cannot: sweetwater will deliver only to US customers! :roll:

bosone wrote:
budweiser wrote:
Kraznet wrote:I thought the upgrade price of €79 was pretty good but then I put it in the basket and VAT was added at 20%. So it's not as cheap as I thought it was. I'm not sure I can justify paying out for yet another VSTi. I have more sounds and plug-ins than I need already. Give me 5 compelling reasons why I need Samplertank 3 Peter :)
You can buy from sweetwater for $99 and avoid the taxes :party:

in my case (Italy) I cannot: sweetwater will deliver only to US customers! :roll:
Boxed product, but the download should be ok. I remember someone from ue saying he bought it without any problem.

well, i asked directly to IK and to sweetwater

this is sweetwater's reply:

Q: " i'm in Italy. If I buy the update from you are there restrictions on the licence use outside USA?"

A "Hey Matteo, that is going to be the only issue. I am actually not authorized to sell this out side of the US. IK has requested that their international customers go through their local dealers. "
Jimmy

So i defintely gave up!
it was the download version, since for the boxed product there are shipping+taxes! :)
hope it helps but in any case contact them!

You'll do anything for ST3, but you won't do VAT?

bosone wrote:well, i asked directly to IK and to sweetwater

this is sweetwater's reply:

Q: " i'm in Italy. If I buy the update from you are there restrictions on the licence use outside USA?"

A "Hey Matteo, that is going to be the only issue. I am actually not authorized to sell this out side of the US. IK has requested that their international customers go through their local dealers. "
Jimmy

So i defintely gave up!
it was the download version, since for the boxed product there are shipping+taxes! :)
hope it helps but in any case contact them!
I'm from Europe and bought the Download Version without any problems from Sweetwater weeks ago.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

bigcat1969 wrote:You'll do anything for ST3, but you won't do VAT?
reminds me of Meatloaf somhow.. :lol:
Last edited by valerian_777 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

:)

it was when i was still thinking about purchasing or not the upgrade.

at 99$ = about 75€ from sweetwater (maybe less with the gift card) i was somewhat tempted. when a price approaches the psychological 100€ barrier it becomes "less tempting" and i have to justify to myself the money spent! :P

then i definitely gave up given the informations from sweetkwater and IK!

i will spare this money for komplete 10 upgrade, maybe! :)

Kraznet wrote: Give me 5 compelling reasons why I need Samplertank 3
Give us five compelling reasons or what appeals to you enough to look at STank3...

(You too, Bosone).

BBFG# wrote:
Give us five compelling reasons or what appeals to you enough to look at STank3...

(You too, Bosone).
Don't worry I've decided I'm buying it anyway :-)
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Kraznet wrote:
BBFG# wrote:

(You too, Bosone).
Don't worry I've decided I'm buying it anyway :-)
Yeah, it usually only comes down to just one compelling 'reason'. :hihi:

Still goes for Bosone though in asking what are the reasons to keep looking at it and not take a pass on it completely?

(This is something I recently had to employ with Spectrasonics products myself. Bottom line there was the 'cons' far outweighed the 'pros' and the 'one compelling reason' was a negative I should try to remember more before buying from a few developers.)

For me

1. I'm a sound junkie and this has lots of interesting looking potentially funky sounds (I'm converting a 220 instrument soundfont to Kontakt for goodness sake that's how much I like cool and funky sounds).
2. I like pianos and this has cool pianos (and having sampled one, I'd rather buy;)
3. I like creating sounds for other people to love/hate/be ambivalent about and I think that will be fun to do with ST3.
4. It's only a 100 bucks for 4000 instruments, I can get 2.5 cents worth of entertainment out of absolutely anything.
5. I want to make a song using old 32bit ST2 type instruments and brag loudly that I did it in unbridged 64bit just to irritate certain people!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”