Problem with Soundware vs. Instrument/Samples threads

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For Ben and moderators...

I'm *this* close to go and just break the rules and make a thread in the Samples forum about the new release I just put out...

Take a quick look at the topics in the Samples forum... a LOT of those threads on the first page are about product announcements and even sales. Then look at the number of views for those threads and compare that to the number of views in the Soundware forum. Noone looks in the Soundware forum! Whereas a lot more people visit the Samples and Instrument forums. From a business perspective it makes good sense to break the rules.

The pinned rules-topic in the Samples forum clearly states that threads will be moved, but there are threads there with 2-3 pages of posts, which according to the rules obviously belongs in the Marketplace. When the Soundware was first introduced I made the mistake of putting an announcement in the Instruments forum and that post was deleted literally within minutes.. where's the moderation in the Samples forum?

I suggest either a tighter moderation of the Samples forum or a shutdown of the Soundware forum.

Best,
- Torben
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

As far as I understand it, and in the absence of clarification from Ben: announcements (which can include intro discounts without being a sale which must go in the Market Place, again as far as I understand it) for sample sets for things like Kontakt still go in Samples rather than Soundware. So if your release is something like that, post in Samples, and you won't be breaking the rules at all.

Announcements for presets, loops, and construction kits (see above for intro discounts) go in Soundware. If your release is something like that, it should go there.

Special offer sales (eg "Summer Sale") for anything go in Market Place.

Also, there's a report button on every post. If you see something that needs moderating (like moving a thread to the correct forum), feel free to use it (or PM me and/or bluedad and/or Ben, though the report button's probably easier).
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:As far as I understand it, and in the absence of clarification from Ben: announcements (which can include intro discounts without being a sale which must go in the Market Place, again as far as I understand it) for sample sets for things like Kontakt still go in Samples rather than Soundware. So if your release is something like that, post in Samples, and you won't be breaking the rules at all.

Announcements for presets, loops, and construction kits (see above for intro discounts) go in Soundware. If your release is something like that, it should go there.

Special offer sales (eg "Summer Sale") for anything go in Market Place.

Also, there's a report button on every post. If you see something that needs moderating (like moving a thread to the correct forum), feel free to use it (or PM me and/or bluedad and/or Ben, though the report button's probably easier).
Thanks for the explanation. Although it still seems a bit illogical that you can post some announcements in Samples, but you cant in Instruments.

Cheers.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Return to “Site Stuff”