brand new member doesn't know how to log out

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just joined about an hour ago, can't find the logout button. Don't like leaving accounts logged in if I can help it, just an old habit. Thanks if you can help. r

Top right, where your name is displayed, click on it, in the menu is everything you need. Apart from that, KVR does an autologout after an hour or so...

Log-out button? :lol: :dog: :nutter: :shrug: :uhuhuh:

Seriously, when you close the site you're automatically logged-out as long as you haven't activated the "Remember" feature...

Just click your username in the top right and then in the drop-down menu click logout.

Welcome to KVR!
Last edited by arkmabat on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arkmabat wrote:Just click your username in the top right and then in the drop-down menu click logout.
:o Looks like a hidden feature...

Tricky-Loops wrote:Seriously, when you close the site you're automatically logged-out as long as you haven't activated the "Remember" feature...
Somehow I'm logged out at least twice per day even with that feature turned on :P

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Tricky-Loops wrote:Log-out button? :lol: :dog: :nutter: :shrug: :uhuhuh:

Seriously, when you close the site you're automatically logged-out as long as you haven't activated the "Remember" feature...
The OP made a perfectly reasonable point - if you are using a shared computer, a site may (most likely will) leave a cookie on your system to tell you you're logged in, and somebody else may (MAY) be able to see your account if they use the computer.

The log out button should always be visible and in the top right hand corner of all sites, in my opinion, I really can't understand this desire to hide fundamental links like this. KVR isn't alone in doing this, and users shouldn't have to hunt for one of the most basic links they will look for. Otherwise, why not hide the 'log in' form under some other sort of drop down menu too? Because it isn't intuitive.

ronbobb2233 wrote:Just joined about an hour ago, can't find the logout button. Don't like leaving accounts logged in if I can help it, just an old habit. Thanks if you can help. r
KVR...You can log out, but you can never leave.
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Seeing this is posted in the Instruments forum, OP doesn't know how to post in the correct forum either. Should be in Site Stuff.
Moving now.

Return to “Site Stuff”