KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

as an effect I would like to see a HIGH quality harmonizer and/or a HIGH quality time-stretching algo.

a multi-effect like the DBlue Glitch maybe... but with flexible-slots so you can select multiple instances of the same effect if you wish + some modular capability..

as an instrument... hmm not sure

for flute theres orange tree's passion flute, its sampled but the scripting imparts good behavior and it works great with breath control cc.

but everyone is right to be wanting physical modeling, its the supreme challenge.

ideally id love to see an up to date yamaha VL compatible but with better sound, where you could load in vl70-m sysex banks etc etc.

- isn't there still some room for a better virtual kazoo emulation ?

- neither physically modelled or sample based with appropriate scripting ?

:clown:

standalone (drum) synthesis and sequencing along with guitar amp modelling and effecting all under native support of xbox360 controllers
kind of Blip v2 ,improved instance of the nicolas fournel KVRDC07 entry
something usefull for street musicians with standalone support for unusual controlive interfaces and/or glovepie-like easy scripting language for the controls
any approaches to implementing xbox/ps/pc game controllers into standalone live musical improvisations will be welcome

There are tons of standard Synths for standard EDM. Where is the Synth with a built-in heavy distortion, a fubar one for the darker side of music?

Oh and where is u-he Player which plays all presets+soundbanks of Zebra, ACE and Diva for a few Euros :)

A good sounding drum synth ... preferably step sequenced with some built in (quality) FX. Reverb, delay, distortion ... maybe a built in slicer / re-arranger. :)

A MIDI autotune/scale with auto-grove too.

A 10-osc synth with physical modelling, std subtractive, additive, fm and phase-distortion, and soundfont option for each osc. It should have a wealth of fx and be able to turn my voice commands into instant patches ("make me grumbling bass" or "make me nice pad what goes woooshwshwshwshoooow"). It should also have a filter choice, like Diva but more options...a choice of 10 really good'uns.
It would be nice if it made the tea and brought in the biscuits too, so I can just lord it on my sofa while commanding my new supersynth to make music for me while stroking a white persian cat and laughing maniacally.

There should probably be some sharks too.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

But seriously, I don't feel I'm lacking anything atm that doesn't already exist (might not be free, but I doubt anyone will be doing a Molekular replacement for free!).

Will be interesting just to see what the devs come up with this time round. I'm a sucker for granular stuff in the past, but I'd be more interested if someone can think of a new place to take that maybe...
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:But seriously, I don't feel I'm lacking anything atm that doesn't already exist (might not be free,
true IMO, except some improvement in one or another kind of synth, effect,etc...

Stating what we'd like to see is OK but.. I think we need to lower our expectations a bit! :P
It's DC14, not the CM awards! :P
Have a good time! :party:

3ee wrote:Stating what we'd like to see is OK but.. I think we need to lower our expectations a bit! :P
It's DC14, not the CM awards! :P
Have a good time! :party:
That's what I was thinking reading some of these posts!

Would be cool if some dev stepped up to the plate on them though. Or maybe take some of the suggestions on board for their next non-free release...
A. The higher the fewer.

Something additive, with the ability to modulate individual partials. There are not many (any?) free additive synths . . . .

I'm dreaming of a growl instrument... Snarliness.

O great developers, please here our prayers, for we are legion..

My developement skills are rudimentary, otherwise I'd be all over this... but i can offer my help in testing, GUI , ideas, coordination, resources etc...

THE Plugin

1. Beat slicer allowing equal parts AND beat trasient based slicing with manual adjustment - assignable to MIDI notes of your choice (with a chrmoatic default)

2. Sequencer / step grid (host syncable or free run) : allows to arrange and play slices in whatever order you like (upto 64 steps). With per step prob. of triggering.

(ABOVE 1 & 2: reminiscient of Loop Drive 4 and IL SliceX)

3. fx based step sequencer (at least 2 lanes) that runs in parallel with the above sequencer. Allows step based probability of fx triggering. You can set different fx in each of the two (or maybe more ) lanes from a selectable/dropdown/scroll menu of at least 5 -6 availbe fx.

4. Individual controls to shape the indivdual 5 to 6 fx mentioned above.

(ABOVE 3 & 4: reminiscient of Glitch 2 , Loop Drive 4 and Effectrix)

5. Some assignable LFO's (to modulate the controls of the individual fx)

6. Ability to layer any slice with your own WAV

7. Randomize all function

8. Multi-out (at least 8 stereo outs) and Midi Out

(ABOVE 5,6, 7 & 8: reminiscient of many drum machine vsti, when combined with 1 to 4)

Here is the evidence....
muslimpunk wrote:A straight forward slicer with a re-arrangement grid ala Loop Drive 4 for 64 bit.
Some kind of fx step seqeuncer integrated in the above would be out of this world.
thecontrolcentre wrote:A good sounding drum synth ... preferably step sequenced with some built in (quality) FX. Reverb, delay, distortion ... maybe a built in slicer / re-arranger.
moshmage wrote: kind of Blip v2 ,improved instance of the nicolas fournel KVRDC07 entry
3ee wrote: a multi-effect like the DBlue Glitch maybe... but with flexible-slots so you can select multiple instances of the same effect if you wish + some modular capability..
CableChannel wrote:
muslimpunk wrote:A straight forward slicer with a re-arrangement grid ala Loop Drive 4 for 64 bit.
Some kind of fx step seqeuncer integrated int he above would be out of this world.
A man can dream ......
THIS!
With bandpass filter fx and stuff. And lot's of awesome ready to go presets please! :D
IrionDaRonin wrote:Anything alike to this will be very welcome and appreciated.
VPS GlitchBitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5db_Lx5D0

A Glitch effect with a sequencer, LFOs, Modulation lines, etc.
I will pray for something like this.
Our prayers are with you..... :pray:

Return to “Instruments”