Guess the synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I suspect something like that too. Actually i lost the interest after day 1. Stuff like this is only fun when the synth gets revealed after like 2 or 3 days. Wonder what's the point in this anyway, there is not even something to win or anything.

I think this should make the guess a lot easier
Someone guessed it already. What else do you want?
We know your a creep...now what?
Guess what finger i`m holding up. :x
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

So if you don't like guessing anymore then let's reveal it.
It was mentioned exactly once. 98% of all guesses were wrong.

The mysterious synth is OP-X PRO-II

The featured sounds will be released for free download very soon.

Muhahaha ... what I said. :P

At least I got "Oberheimish" right :hihi:
Interesting to see people still make patches for that synth, a) because there already are countless out there, and b) because the OBXD is becoming the synth of choice for classic Oberheim sounds.

Going to dust of my old OPX Pro version and see what happens :)
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

OP-X PRO-II, now thats what i call a surprise. I never, not in a million years, would have put that one even on the list of possibilities because i could have sworn that i heard Chorus and Tremolo FX in there. And then there was of course this certain fineness/brightness in the overall sound character. Not something that i personally associate with typical Oberheim sound because every real Oberheim i ever heard sounded rather raw and 'abrasive' in the highs, not fine and bright like a lot of the Japanese synths do.

Like i said, it would have been easier to tell what it isnt. There are a lot of softsynths out there that can deliver close to identical results, which means telling them apart by means of a souncloud clip will be pretty damn near impossible. I am also pleased to hear that it was a SynthEdit synth. Why: Because there are so many people out there who somehow managed to convince themselves that a synth made with SE is either automatically inferior, or even worse, cant be any good in the first place because after all its been made with SynthEdit. Which of course is a bunch of nonsense. A well crafted SE synth can sound just as good as any other well crafted softsynth because its not the framework that makes the sound. Its the code that generates it. In this case it was even thought to be hardware, i mean what greater compliment could there be.

Kudos to sonicprojects. 8)

much longer to tease people by not naming synth :roll:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I don't think people consider SE synths inferior when they are hand-coded as is the case with the OP-X. What some people consider inferior are SE synths built using the standard modules.

No, there absolutely are people who think that everything made with SE is crap.

All they need to see is the SE label and theyll break out the hazard suit.

There are some of those on KVR as well.

A nice sound set you`ve made. (listening to the demo again while looking at the OB-X Pro picture.) :)
Funny how they sound different when I look at the picture now. Hmmm.
Without the pix I thought it sounded more like Synth1 quality, but with the pix I can hear it`s actual character, sounding more like what I remember the OB-X sounding like. Not to mention what ENV1 said above. Have a look at the pix while listening. :)

No matter, i`ve been working with my Yam CS6R synth recently and I know what i`m looking at is hardware. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

the only complaint i have about SE synth is that they sound the same

as far as i know you just connect modules together , so most synth out there sound identical to each other

and that people judge synths on their pretty GUI instead of how to sound
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

oh and its irritating for me to hear about a synth and then i go on the website and they don't even mention its SE

so when i ask for a Mac version I get the "sorry its SE"
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:the only complaint i have about SE synth is that they sound the same

as far as i know you just connect modules together , so most synth out there sound identical to each other

and that people judge synths on their pretty GUI instead of how to sound
It is not about pretty gui's, but ergonomic ones. If a synth sucks in that respect, people rightly criticize the synth for that. I mean, who buys an ugly car even if it is good inside?! And with a car ugliness doesn't even affect usability...

Is this bank available anywhere?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Instruments”