Image Line re-authorize legit software?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the links are correct.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Yes, everything that I was able to determine points that way, including accidentally clicking and following one of the links while using the DOM inspector. I think maybe I'm just more clueless than I thought. I will gladly admit it if that is the case. Started a big stink and there may be no problem at all. Hard to believe that I was a systems analyst for 15 years sometimes. Maybe I just don't understand what Image Line is trying to tell me.

Feeling kinda stupid. :oops:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

toine6 wrote: BTW, the version 12 will be using vector graphics so I'm guessing you'll be able to resize things without issues.
sadly, nope. same interface, but you CAN globally scale everything (except plugin GUIs.)
and the scaling is locked into predefined amounts. 100%, 125% etc. want to scale to 110%? tough. :/

I thought the plugins will be re-skinned as well sooner or later, no?

(Btw. never had to re-authosize something from IL as well.)

It would be outstanding if they changed the plugin GUI's to literally any color other than gray and black. Granted, I think the FL Studio GUI looks great. Likewise, I think the plugins also look very grainy, rather than having sharp, defined text and lines. They just look imprecise to me, and it makes me think they are more toys than serious studio tools. I do realize that may not be the case at all. I've had luck playing with Maximus, for instance. FL Studio itself appears rock solid reliable, and loading in 2 seconds is truly sweet.

murnau wrote:the links are correct.
Have you got the actual e-mail source? If you're just going by the copy-paste e-mail above then all you're seeing are the links as they are visible in the e-mail's body text, but not necessarily the actual links in the e-mail (you need the source to see that).

It's a daft scammer who doesn't get the links right in the body text...

sjm wrote:
Have you got the actual e-mail source? If you're just going by the copy-paste e-mail above then all you're seeing are the links as they are visible in the e-mail's body text, but not necessarily the actual links in the e-mail (you need the source to see that).

True. The only thing that I know to do is hover over the links in my browser, and see what pops up below in firefox. Then again, they would be daft not to change that metadata too. I can't even figure out to show header info anymore. Used to be a no brainer. I blame Yahoo. :hihi:

sjm wrote:

no but i thought that OP already checked that otherwise it would be pretty clear that it's phishing.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

rustman wrote:
sjm wrote:

True. The only thing that I know to do is hover over the links in my browser, and see what pops up below in firefox. Then again, they would be daft not to change that metadata too. I can't even figure out to show header info anymore. Used to be a no brainer. I blame Yahoo. :hihi:
you could use the official link: http://www.image-line.com/ log in and then use the link of your email. if the site says that you "already logged in" is everything okay i would say.

anyway, you said you changed password but what happend when you logged in? i mean all your details were there like name,licenses etc. then it obviously can't be phishing.

I think you're right. All looked legit at the IL site in my account. Likewise, the software fires right up without issue or limitation. I'm going to let it go and see what I hear from IL on the support ticket that I submitted.

Thanks to all for your input. :tu:

I got a reply from Image Line. The email IS legit. There was no explanation as to why, but they said it was a one-time thing. Maybe Heartbeat related, maybe not, who knows? Regardless, I'll just do it and be done. I know I wasted all of our time.

Better paranoid than sorry I suppose. :clown:

Just the final nail in my rep here-
Edison is resizeable. I had the .23 release installed for the standalone. I discovered that there is a .24 out and installed it. I had to remove and re-create my desktop link, but the new version (64 bit) goes to full screen without a hitch. I'm sure I'll find the same with some of the others. I'm on it right now. :oops:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”