Producing with Guitar Rig 5 Free Player, next move?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitar Rig Pro

I'm on a budget and rely on Guitar Rig 5 Free Player for most of my guitar, bass, and vocal tracks. I'm happy with it though of course I have the 30 minute limit per session and I can't save presets. I'm a little more open to investing in something now, but it's not going to be GR5 since it's not cheap enough.

I now also that there are a lot of good free guitar/amp simulation VSTs (LePoulin, etc.), but I like the interesting ambient presents in GR5 (e.g., "clean cave").

So, can anyone recommend a guitar/amp simulation software that won't break the bank. Hopefully I can process bass and vocals with it, too (I usually use the "airverb" preset in GR5 on almost all my vocals).

Thanks!
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

Hey, sir, or mam, im really really sorry i skipped over this post on ACCIDENT. rest assured this would be my favorite to bless!-=+*

GTR solo at musiciansfriend its uner 20 bucks.

i use GTR3 its the same thing but bigger. its MORE.

Its incredibly good and real.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Thanks, I searched around and got the impression that GTR3 is an older piece of software. Has it been updated and can it keep up with the recent developments in simulation? And is GTR Solo too limiting in terms of its features? It seems like the only type of reverb it has is spring reverb for instance.

well sure its up for discretion if it has what you want. take a look inside so to speak. but it is cheap.

When I want pro, WAVES I go.

Its WOLI.

its sounds professional.

you can listen to the demo at waves on one of the amps. and they all sound good but different.

GTR solo is cheap. so if that's all you go go for it.

other then that , yeh totsally I do enjoy GTR3 full version at 140. to me its worth 1400, EASY.

im quite impressed and find other stuff a rip off. although to be honest with you ive only heard demos of other software. I ind them muddy digitally and brown.

GTR3 colors well. has real latency on the pedals to me just like ordinary ones would do with their circuitry when adding them up. you can add stomp after stomp and not pay for them like other software. worth it right there. to me paying for stuff that sucks it what I feel I would be doing with something other than GTR.

I love my GTR and to me it sounds like their real good GREAT tuned amps. the best of the best. no idly doo, all top notch cool amps and pedals. cool thing is yes its WOLI and yes it uses 4 GIGS of RAM. that's cool! its heavy and it takes and engine of RAM. its not tremendously bad on the CPU though on my dell i3770 xps 8500. (deals2buy.com). it does well. but does require about 67% if im not wrong on 44.1 kHz impact twin. 100 percent power. one thread of the core, I believe,
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Look in the market place forum here for a copy of Komplete Elements, which often goes for around $30, or buy it outright for $60.

It comes with a version of Guitar Rig which isn't as extensive as full, but is still far more extensive than the player version.

You'll also get a bunch of nice Kontact and Reaktor instruments.

IMO, it's a good deal at $60, but a great deal if you can get it for less.
All DAWs sound alike... except when they don't.

Not sure if you need it for "live" playing . . . but there are a couple of GREAT (inexpensive) options.

First, if you already use ToonTrack EZmix: Then the new "Classic Amps EMX" is a worthy-sounding contender.

Second, this relatively unheard of offering from Aegean Music sounds pretty good. It's called "Amp Vision". It's relatively small and actually sounds pretty good. It only costs $36
http://aegeanmusic.com/amp-vision
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I didn't know about Komplete Elements, thanks. I haven't had too much experience with NI except for Guitar Rig player and also messing around with Reaktor and Battery a little bit. It seems like I am getting into electronic music a bit so it would be nice to have a comprehensive set of production tools.

I'll look into Amp vision, thanks!

FOrgive me me if I'm wrong but I don't think GTR3 is old.

GTR THREEEEEEEEEE
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I don't know anything about GTR3. I looked it up and I think I read that it was released a long time ago or something. I really don't know and it doesn't matter that much anyway as long as it's been updated to reflect the latest in modeling technology and developments in computer architecture.

Just go to waves and type in GTR3. Listen to the different demo.s.. I think its only a few years old. but it does require 4 GB of RAM.
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Perhaps GTR3 is great, but I've long been working with Guitar Rig free now and it does other things than just guitar, which I welcome a lot. So, I thought about it and it makes more sense for me to buy a full copy of Guitar Rig, if I can catch a sale for 99 USD or find a good price on kvr market. I have never found GR's sounds to be lacking. It's either better than or just as good as most of the guitar VSTs I've demo'd. One exception occurred last week when I discovered something called S-Gear and its drives sounded better.

Thanks for the replies.

Bought Guitar Rig 5 Pro, case closed!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”