The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy abides.

Man is that sweet.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Always wanted an original edge.

She's a fine looking lawn dart. ;)

:love: :love:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Thanks guys

pandashake wrote:She's a fine looking lawn dart. ;)
:hihi:

hibidy wrote:Always wanted an original edge.
Now that you have it, how does it differ from Ibanez's newer trems?

Yeah. It flutters better than my edgo pro. It's a bit smoother.

Stays in tune great (changed the strings, no prob) The only thing I don't like so far is that when doing the "sock trick" to change strings, it's a little harder to move the saddle locks (because of the placement of those screws) and you bump into the low E with your hand more.

Still, it's a fine instrument it seems. Those pups are very well matched. Honestly, I think you've mentioned that before but people have a tendency to want evo's and such.

Seems we've reached the image limit. Tried to post a shot and got this.

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

hibidy wrote:Still, it's a fine instrument it seems. Those pups are very well matched. Honestly, I think you've mentioned that before but people have a tendency to want evo's and such.
Which does it have? My #1 Prestige has the Tone Zone in the bridge and the PAF Pro in the neck. The previous owner raised all the pole pieces of PAF Pro and I think that's what makes it sound like it does, it's a lot edgier than any PAF I've ever used and that makes it sound really great in the neck position to me.

A month ago I went in for an eBow, but walked out with....

lol. Just saw it on the wall, and the color was so interesting to me. They call it white blonde, it's ever-so-faintly translucent, this pinkish whitish almost like a fair skin. A MIM FSR Standard, and it was $150. For $350 I just couldn't pass it up when it played so well. I planned to upgrade the pups and might, but it's been a great ambient guitar as-is.

And this one was when I was driving my car far to put enough highway miles on it so it would pass inspection, I discovered the S1XXV:

Because bright green. I used to ride a Kawasaki ninja almost this color, I love it. My first official Ibanez and I have to say I am a big fan of the S series, now. It's my lightest guitar by far, and sounds lovely. Of course it plays effortlessly, though I can't give it a workout due to my own skill regression and slicing open two fingers on my fret hand =/

I think the S1 is going to need some new pickups, though. The ones in it are okay, but I have my eye on a few choices to replace them.

My Carvin is a little nervous at my lusting over a S5570Q Prestige in Doom Burst, but I won't let myself buy one of those until I get my chops back.
Meh.

KrisM wrote: My Carvin is a little nervous at my lusting over a S5570Q Prestige in Doom Burst, but I won't let myself buy one of those until I get my chops back.
I'm no longer an impulse buyer when it comes to guitars and because I pretty much buy them all online I've got time to think about it after the sale / before it arrives. I often find myself noodling with ideas I imagine using when the guitar arrives. I was like that with my OLP MM1. I started practicing up on the EVH songs I used to play before it arrived.

I loved the neck on the mm1 but it didn't last long. I took it back twice for setup work. finally had the thing playing right and it kept on going out of whack on me. The tuners were a joke as was the whammy bar the pup wasn't potted or grounded. I did some quick calculations on how much it would cost for a new neck, new tuners a decent whammy new pickup and in the end it just wasn't work keeping for the body alone.

Spock was right (Sometimes the wanting is more enjoyable then the having)

I definitely try not to impulse buy pricey things, but when I stumble across something unique or very interesting and can get it for less than they typically sell for, I don't feel bad about it at all. I can get my money back on the MIM with little problem, and that Ibanez came with case for a couple hundred less than they sell for on eBay, so I can get my money back there, too.

That Doom Burst is hard to resist, though. I love purple :( But I have a few more months of relearning ahead of me, and then I'd need to sell two guitars to boot. I don't really want to just collect them :hihi:

My luck Ibanez will discontinue the color before I get a chance to buy one :lol:
Meh.

I've been thinking for ages about another strat. Not that I don't love mine as beaten up as it is.
I've had a long standing fascination with maple fretboards. Although maple fretboard guitars have never worked out well for me with the exception of my Blacktop tele.

I just love strats with single piece maple necks. (my strat is rosewood) and I really really want one with tex mex as opposed to lace sensors. My place is new enough for proper wiring, I don't have any neon and I can keep it far enough away from the desktop/monitor so as not to create hum.

There was a time back in the late 80's where I was living a lot larger then I am today. I'd allocate between 500 and 1000 a month for guitar purchases and still had plenty of money for paying all the bills and living large. The thing I didn't have was time enough to enjoy the fruits of my labors. I'd drop into pawn shops once a fortnight and come out with another guitar. I used to be an irregular studio musician and producers would be very specific about a sound they were going for before the session but changed their minds often during the recording process. It wasn't uncommon to walk into a gig with six to 10 guitars and having to try the same part out with a few of them before the producer was satisfied. When you're getting paid $100 an hour you want to make the producer happy.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”