MusicRadar, eh... What's your top 10? (&5)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- Aalto
- PPG Wave 2V
- Ace
- Saurus
- DCAM
- TimewARP 2600
- Harmor
- Granulator II (for m4l)
- Synplant

FX

- Permut8
- Speakerphone
- Blackhole
- RP-Delay
- ValhallaUberMod
- E2Transienter
- Chipcrusher
- Thesys (as MIDI fx)

"Here's our Top 500 Plug-ins of All Time presented on 501 individual pages (one for an intro graphic)."

My Top 15 - With only number One - Sylenth1 - being absolute, all others can be in any order of preference.
Sylenth1
Reaktor
Omnishpere
Nemesis
Electrax
Massive
Arturia Jupiter
ACE
Gladiator
Arturia ARP 2600
Alchemy
Saurus
TAL-U-NO-LX
Wolfgang Palm WaveGenerator
Zebra 2
Krishna Synth

Synths:

-Zebra2
-Diva
-Drumatic4
-Poise
-MUX

FX:

-Valhalla Room
-Timeless2
-TH2
-Ferric TDS
-Density MkIII

Aside from a few host fx in Reaper, this is literally all I use now. It covers all my needs nicely, and aside from TH2 (which will likely be replaced by something else in the future) they are all C/R bullshit free....which is a bonus in my book...

LBN wrote:"Here's our Top 500 Plug-ins of All Time presented on 501 individual pages (one for an intro graphic)."
:lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I am a bit of a black sheep I guess; I 'own' one plug only: Tone2 Firebird. Erm.. it's free, by the way.

surprised no one has halionsonic 2 on there list?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:surprised no one has halionsonic 2 on there list?
Seems it fits more in the sample player category more than synthesizer category, at least in the mind set.
I tend to think of it that way along with Konakt; SampleTank2; SonicSynth2; SampleMoog/Tron.

However, in my mind, synthesizers can include those that import samples but are more known for their synthesizer functions like Alchemy; Synthmaster; the other Tone2 Synths.

I have to put WusikStation (and perhaps Nexus) somewhere in the middle of these two groups. But I do tend to the idea that how we perceive them has something to do with this list as well the timing for what is most recent.

From their list I agree with somewhat:
Alchemy; Zebra2; Diva; Iris; Absynth5; Harmor; Blue II; Nemesis; Spectral; SynthMaster

From what I own and use:
Alchemy; ZebraHZ; Iris; Gladiator2; Absynth5; Nemesis; RayBlaster; ElectraX; SynthMaster; VA-2.

Those I don't own but think are worth the list:
Diva; Spectral; Pad Shop Pro; CrX4; Harmor; Blue II; Synplant; Trilian; Omnisphere

I left off sample players and modeler synths since it seems they weren't considered in this MR vote and feel that Reaktor needs its own category as well as the synths created for it.

Effects for me:
NectarPS; Alloy2; Supercharger GT; Overloud/ Revalver Amp-Sims.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Interesting list. Lots of good synths. Glad there are 2 Xils-Lab synths in this list. I'm confident next year Xils 3, and Xils 4 will be on the list too.

And thanks to all those who mentioned Xils in this thread. :hug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Interesting list. Lots of good synths. Glad there are 2 Xils-Lab synths in this list. I'm confident next year Xils 3, and Xils 4 will be on the list too.

And thanks to all those who mentioned Xils in this thread. :hug:
Xils3 really interesting synth, primarily due to his modulation possibilities (and imo his fx`s and reverb very good too), but, for my taste his sound overly lenient, velvet nature. i dont know why.

In other words, to force make sound aggressive and bright\pricking need to very endeavor. Maybe it's some kind of a plus for some situations, but i think it need more aggression.

Take the simplest example - square via square modulation, in my opinion it should have more ragged and prickly overtones (in extreme positions) - i compared with a same modulation in some max\msp synthi reincarnation "Le Synthe" - there is a terrible anger (maybe the presence of aliasing? do not know).
Same with filter (in any mode) work also feels like little bland\soft.

But again, Xils3 modulation capabilities are interesting beyond doubt.

Yeah, but it's not the only one and you get to pick ten in this thread!

Paul Oakenfold bigs up Sylenth1, who would have thought? :D

Trust you got a legit copy Oakie :wink:

1. Squiddlyween
2. Kurzgrawth the Indomitable
3. Defenestrator II
4. Guatemalan Refrigerator Tax
5. The Little Green Ones

Costa Rica wrote:I am a bit of a black sheep I guess; I 'own' one plug only: Tone2 Firebird. Erm.. it's free, by the way.
That's just a plus, shows you got your own taste/style :tu:

Return to “Instruments”