KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

64 bit s(M)exoscope style VST
Re-sizeable window, able to run without seeing any buttons or the frame. Custom colors. Maybe multi-track visibility? Add in a bunch of options around loudness and other visualizations like Panphobia mentioned above.
May as well throw in some "fun" visualization options as well (think winamp).

Tricky-Loops wrote:A brass synth with convincing brass emulations (not a Kontakt library)... :love:
Whether a synth or a Kontakt library, a good quality brass instrument with platform support for today's DAWs (read: No Synthedit-like nonsense) would get my vote.

dcfac73 wrote::clown: I'd like mine to be a bit bigger

nudgw nudge, wink wink, say no more
you're asking for sexy GUI, then ?

A straight forward slicer with a re-arrangement grid ala Loop Drive 4 for 64 bit.
Some kind of fx step seqeuncer integrated int he above would be out of this world.

A man can dream ......

muslimpunk wrote:A straight forward slicer with a re-arrangement grid ala Loop Drive 4 for 64 bit.
Some kind of fx step seqeuncer integrated int he above would be out of this world.
A man can dream ......
THIS!

With bandpass filter fx and stuff. And lot's of awesome ready to go presets please! :D

A modelled VODER - Originally made in 1939 by Homer Dudley of Bell Labs. It was the first electrical machine to speak. youtube

Pytchblend wrote:A modelled VODER - Originally made in 1939 by Homer Dudley of Bell Labs. It was the first electrical machine to speak. youtube
That's amazing ..!

:lol: :tu:

Physically modeled plucked string with mangling options. Maybe the same thing for piano.

A physically modeled bass guitar plugin, along the lines of Xhun's Iron Axe. :love:

I'd like to see a bass using technology similar to RealGuitar on the order of the RealBass MusicLab hinted at years ago. Too ambitious for the Challenge?

More variable architecture, emulating modular audio routing behaviour. Mixers and sends along the signal path. Stuff like being able to send an audio signal to 2 separate filters. A Bode frequency shifter emulation.

Anything alike to this will be very welcome and appreciated.
VPS GlitchBitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5db_Lx5D0

A Glitch effect with a sequencer, LFOs, Modulation lines, etc.
I will pray for something like this.

By the way, i'm very happy to know that DC14 will be a reality! :)

Have a nice day! :)

A VST equivalent to Ableton's Corpus FX as I think there's nothing similar available yet, is there ?

A granular-ish synth where you load one sample, and all the magic is in modulating the playback position (though in independent stereo channels).

An effect that, when the input is a certain threshhold, it just plays back the dry signal. When it falls below, it plays back a "spectral freeze" of the signal when it was above that threshhold, fading out with an adjustable decay time. (It probably would need an attack time too, to optionally ignore spiky transients that just barely clear the threshhold.) And possibly a reversed mode, where when the input signal is above the threshhold, it plays back the frozen version of the quieter signal instead. It may need a sort of "knee" where it fades from live input to frozen.

No_Use wrote:A VST equivalent to Ableton's Corpus FX as I think there's nothing similar available yet, is there ?
+1
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Instruments”