Your favourite plug-in GUI?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why we changed the all-time greatest GUI ever, I'll never know...
/thread

rustman wrote:I'd like to add cableguys to the good list. Filtershaper, for instance has a nice, well thought out interface and it's big too. Liking it a lot.
Yeah, the cableguys GUIs are pretty nice looking. :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Surge, Chromaphone, Fabfilter Volcano, Uhbiks, some of the NI guis I`ve seen look very very nice too...also Renoise looks great, not a plugin though, Redux probably gonna look similar (I hope)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Why we changed the all-time greatest GUI ever, I'll never know...
Think I do :)

I'll get lynched for this, but actually I really like the Melda guis.

Oh and anything by Flavors of Lime.

rustman wrote:My biggest thrill comes from large, sharp,resizeable GUI's. Two companies that make some really cool plugs also have the dinkiest little bitty GUIs- PSP and Ohm Force.

Wealthy folks can afford comps with big, oversized screens……but if you just own a small laptop big GUI's really suck! :scared: Some developers don't seem to think about it enough, but probably they want to attract customers with fat wallets.

Sausage Fattener is a sentimental favorite.

At first sight, MUX seemed a little unusual, but it's one of very few synths where I was able to program exactly the patch I had in my head without looking up anything in the manual. I don't even know if there IS a manual. Definitely a good functional design.

DUNE is simple (and easy to use), but has an austere sort of elegance:

And while Moog had already done most of the hard work of developing a straightforward, functional interface, Native Instruments' translation in Monark is just gorgeous.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Why we changed the all-time greatest GUI ever, I'll never know...
/thread
What were you guys thinking when you release it with GUI? Were you afraid that ssl might sue you and that's why you make that candy cane GUI?

:?:
musisikamar.com

If there is a developer with constantly high-standard GUI's then it is Waves. More or less everything they have done is very tasteful and eminently usable.

Though I must say that some of their older plugins could have a GUI makeover like they did with Q10, C1 and L1.

No signature here!

Sylenth1 skin of Lance Thackeray is a real beauty:
(click image to go to Deviantart page)

Just curious, what is the shittiest vst with the greatest gui around atm?

Anti-Logic wrote:Just curious, what is the shittiest vst with the greatest gui around atm?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I love the Audio Damage stuff , except maybe Ronin.
Replicant and Big Seq2 are among the faves.

cough.
http://www.kvraudio.com/developer_chall ... nahura.jpg

For the batman fans, obviously.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Effects”