Sequencers like AD Tattoo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought Tattoo as part of the Easter sale, and I'm in love with it's sequencer

I'm wondering if there are other VST based sequencers around with similar or more extensive features. I particularly like the randomisation features.

Suggestions would be great, thanks.

geist is pretty neat with its seq, you can event have them do the rebirth thing
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I think that Tremor is also nice as far as sequencing goes (but i'm just eyeballing it, i never used it).

Tremor is ridiculously awesome in terms of sound design - this is where unfortunately Tattoo fails, it's just too limited to get much variation out of its sounds.

Tattoo really shines in terms of sequencing - this is the weak part of Tremor IMHO - editing velocity for example is a major pain in the ass. Tattoos randomisation is almost worth the price alone, i find myself using it more as a rhythmic note generator for other VSTs than a drum machine actually... :D

On the other hand, Tremor's feature to have different lengths for different tracks (Snare 4/4, HiHat 3/4 for example) is something i can't live without anymore, it's fantastic and gets you really unique grooves you wouldn't have come up with otherwise.

Both are fantastic plugins, though - never regretted buying them.

RPS-1 !!! This thing was free and kinda went under the radar.
Pretty goddamn awesome if you ask me. The sequencer has randomization galore in it. Plus multi-outing. Plus adding your own samples. Plus midi out to other drum vsti.

Just read the manual.

Only 32 bit , and not developed fruther, but works top notch/ rock solid till now.

http://www.contralogic.com/vst-plugins/rps-1/

muslimpunk wrote:RPS-1 !!! This thing was free and kinda went under the radar.
Pretty goddamn awesome if you ask me. The sequencer has randomization galore in it. Plus multi-outing. Plus adding your own samples. Plus midi out to other drum vsti.

Just read the manual.

Only 32 bit , and not developed fruther, but works top notch/ rock solid till now.

http://www.contralogic.com/vst-plugins/rps-1/
That sounds awesome. And my kind of price range. Thanks :)

Redukt wrote:Tremor is ridiculously awesome in terms of sound design - this is where unfortunately Tattoo fails, it's just too limited to get much variation out of its sounds.

Tattoo really shines in terms of sequencing - this is the weak part of Tremor IMHO - editing velocity for example is a major pain in the ass. Tattoos randomisation is almost worth the price alone, i find myself using it more as a rhythmic note generator for other VSTs than a drum machine actually... :D
Yes, I agree. Tattoo as a drum synth is not bad, but the sequencer is where it's at.

There's just a few things it doesn't do that leave me wanting a bit more.

I'll check out Tremor, but it's really the sequencer I'm interested in

Thank you all for your suggestions. More are welcome!

Geist...

Geist has 8 engines... each engine is by itself a powerhouse. The sequencing is great. Super fast and easy to make patterns.

Each engine has 24 patterns which can be triggered by midi keys. You can chain patterns together, or play different patterns and record your performance.

Not sure if it is still on sale, but you could get Geist very cheap recently.

Audiospillage elecktroid

Dave

Return to “Instruments”