DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DaveGamble wrote: I've also been doing loads of circuit modelling research, so there's a question as to whether compact should incorporate that or not, and the resultant time delay involved in me being happy with how things sound ;)
Did you figure out how to get Nebula's sonic results in an algorithmic EQ?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
DaveGamble wrote: I've also been doing loads of circuit modelling research, so there's a question as to whether compact should incorporate that or not, and the resultant time delay involved in me being happy with how things sound ;)
Did you figure out how to get Nebula's sonic results in an algorithmic EQ?
Use the parametric rectangular window in EQuilibrium and truncate like crazy.
Start with a short IR and truncate down to, like, 5% and you'll recover the Nebula sound.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Let me help out with that question; the answer is yes. :wink:
Or is it? I'm fussy ;) Could be an extremely long wait...
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

DaveGamble wrote:
Or is it? I'm FUZZY ;) Could be an extremely long wait...
Fixed it for ya!!!!
So tube modelling it is then? Extremely long wait for what?….Virtual tubes to have warmed up to the correct virtual temperature/humidity etc…..? :hihi:

DaveGamble wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Let me help out with that question; the answer is yes. :wink:
Or is it? I'm fussy ;) Could be an extremely long wait...
If you can afford to, it's better to fuss IMO. EQuilibrium is close to being perfect for me, with the only things preventing it from being so are the lack of character and the lack of an autogain feature. Some Neve based character EQs came out recently that surprised me by really knocking my socks off, and so much of it is the circuit modelling piece. The things are damn near distortion boxes, with lots of more subtle and lovely interactions.

The other recent revelation in EQ came to me recently in the form of a freeware EQ with a fantastic autogain feature. I never thought I needed autogain on an EQ, but that was before I used it. It's truly a fantastic addition to EQ and really helps with the "louder sounds better" problem. If you could work this into EQuilibrium, I'd be thrilled.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:The other recent revelation in EQ came to me recently in the form of a freeware EQ with a fantastic autogain feature. I never thought I needed autogain on an EQ, but that was before I used it. It's truly a fantastic addition to EQ and really helps with the "louder sounds better" problem. If you could work this into EQuilibrium, I'd be thrilled.
Auto-Gain clears the pain ! :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Auto gain is a really cool feature. I imagine it's not trivial to implement and there are probably multiple ways to do it. But it's really a great thing to have

I like the auto makeup on Compassion removes a lot of work was thinking last night why not the same thing for EQuilibrium. Would Also like a preamp thing for EQuilibrium like IK EQ81 has think that would have to be a paid upgrade and need an off switch for the CPU or maybe the preamp runs on another CPU core.

Hi,

I have a hickup with the all the EQ-Plugs (most recent versions) and Cubase 7.5.x.:

No matter what I do I can't save the default settings when running Cubase with my standard non-admin user I've been using for years. I always get a popup stating

Code: Select all

"Failed to write to file C:\Program Files\DMGAudio\EQuilibrium\DefaultBank.eqi
This is often due to permissions settings
Your data has not been saved"
So, after doing a lot of tests it's clear that I can save those setups only with the user credentials used for the installation of the ressource folders.

Has anyone experienced related/same problems? Dave already has addressed those Win7/8 permission issues with previous releases. Therefore I suspect a specific issue over here.

Cheers,
LiteOn

Hi Lite,

Well, they now default to saving presets under "my documents" - but you'd have to uninstall (and reinstall) to set that up. It's easier to just copy th epresets yourself - and accuss them from under "my documents". That way - you'll always have the correct permissions ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Hi John,

thanks a lot for helping.

Dave already wrote me to do so as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't fix it over here, at least not as expected. It works only if I run Cubase as admin, then the basic configs get written to and the default presests are read from the ressource folder set during installation (which could belong to any path afaik). But as soon as I run Cubase with my standard user it doesn't work anymore. For instance, I have to load every single preset explicitly. Strange that, especially because all other plugs have been working (nearly) flawlessly under these conditions, including older versions of Equick/Equality.

Do run Cubase/your DAW as admin?

Cheers,
LiteOn

Sorry - I don't use Cubase. I use SONAR, and I just point it to the folder where the presets are...

But I do run as Administrator too ;-)
John Braner

jbraner wrote:But I do run as Administrator too ;-)
Ah, okay. Well, for me doing so for installation/setup is mandatory (aka sudo), but not being required in order to run it as well. That's a security lesson I've learned a couple of years ago. :wink:

Any Cubase users who would like to share their setups and experiences? I wonder if all of them are running the DAW as admin.

@Dave: from your developer tests can you confirm that admin rights are essential for the config system to work?

Cheers,
LiteOn

can you confirm that admin rights are essential for the config system to work?
Lite,
You're just saving files - it's just file system security. You should *always* have full rights in "my documents" - no matter who you're logged in as - so that should always work for you.
John Braner

DaveGamble wrote: Without looking, I'd guess it's a 1st order shelf, from the way you describe it. It's under high shelf subtypes in EQuilibrium. EQuality doesn't have a 1st order shelf, but you can approximate it with a 2nd order shelf and Q=0.5.

If you were to load it into a plugin analyser and post a screenshot of the curve shape, I'd be able to tell you more :)
Graphs are here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p5688223
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

Return to “Effects”