Native Instruments DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jacqueslacouth wrote:
BERFAB wrote:

And, unfortunately, there's this:
diggler wrote: I think relying on third party developers to make kontakt better is gay.
Completely uncalled for, and, unnecessary. It's a big world out there. Try your best to respect everyone in it.

Cheers
-B
Showing our age here…this is just the evolution of language. Just as gay was commonly used for a long time without any reference to homosexuality, I can assure you, as a High School teacher of over 20 years, the word gay is commonly used to mean that something is not very good (crap if you like) by teenagers for some years now, without any reference to sexuality.
Really? I heard a younger person use the phrase "jew someone down" and when I called them on it they swore they didn't mean anything anti-semitic by it.

Which was, of course, complete and utter bullshit.

When you use a word like "gay" or "jew' as a perjorative, of course it is meant as a slur. The bigots like to hide behind "evolution of language" and "I didn't mean it that way", but the pure truth is that if you poke them hard enough the bigotry is there.

The absolute irony of the "jew them down" slur is that it was uttered by a gay man. What an asshole.

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonahs wrote:Why isn't maschine a DAW?
Because it does not have an own audio interface

What they should do is put maschine studio, kore2, 12 sliders, an audio interface, a very fast cpu with lots of expendabillity and a big touchscreen intoo an 88 or 76 key keyboard. And advance the maschine 2 software to be use by a live keyboard player..

Maschine is centered around being a Mpc style beat creation solution focusing on hardware and software integration so if they started adding more and more Daw like features in the software then the hardware will become more and more separated from the software and making the whole idea pointless. I always thought that Reaktor could be a candidate if NI went down the Daw path since it has a very powerful audio engine with extensive midi and interfacing with hardware inputs and outputs as well as surround as well as effects. Of course there would have to be a linear gui created but it has great tested foundations.

tonkatodd wrote:Of course there would have to be a linear gui created but it has great tested foundations.
Actually, some sort of "timeline" has always been one of my biggest wishes for Reaktor.
At the moment I have to load Reaktor into Cubase to really use my ensembles, with a timeline (maybe with some neat features, which wouldn't be possible otherwise), I could use Reaktor as a completely independent software.

Cheers
Dennis

Sjefke wrote:Because it does not have an own audio interface

What they should do is put maschine studio, kore2, 12 sliders, an audio interface, a very fast cpu with lots of expendabillity and a big touchscreen intoo an 88 or 76 key keyboard. And advance the maschine 2 software to be use by a live keyboard player..
I think NI learned their lesson with the original Kore, they're probably not going to put an audio interface into a midi controller again.

Agreed, Eric - but I do wish they'd release a nice MIDI controller with synthesists in mind, an alternate to the MPC-ethos of Maschine but with the same kind of deeper control for Komplete. It's take some work to reconfigure the Komplete synths to conform to a global template of sorts, with all the myriad options, but hardware synths have shown us for years that you can make an instrument fly by allowing players tiered access to the most used controls.

Here's hoping....
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Uncle E wrote:
Sjefke wrote:Because it does not have an own audio interface

I think NI learned their lesson with the original Kore, they're probably not going to put an audio interface into a midi controller again.

All they need to do is get a good audio interface.... And build this piece of hardware in a modular way

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”