EQ 73 and EQ 81 New T-RackS Custom Shop classic British EQ models released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn, IK. Two awesome new releases with the Engl amps and these Neves.

I'd love to see a spanking new Plate reverb...either a CSR v2 or a 140. And a more flexible delay than the tape echo. There's still a hole in the market imho for a really killer non-uad plate reverb plugin.
Last edited by zentatonic on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Peter, is there a Neve (ahem, "British Classic") bundle on the way? I'm surprised that with 3 plugins out, the bundle wasn't released on launch.
I'm not aware of any plans to, but thanks for the suggestion :)
Maybe once you guys release a Neve-inspired channel strip....

This is quite impressive IK !

Buying....both..

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Peter, is there a Neve (ahem, "British Classic") bundle on the way? I'm surprised that with 3 plugins out, the bundle wasn't released on launch.

Also see my post on page one - which was ignored up until this day - but that'S cool:
Compyfox wrote:But this would finally mean that IKM could offer proper bundles:

British Solid (SSL)
British Classic (NEVE)

The SSL bundle could feature the 4k black/brown and the bus compressor (which is sold like that already), the NEVE bundle could feature the EQ's and the Precission Compressor. Unless IKM plans to convert the bus compressor from the NEVE consoles as well (which I'd definitely look forward to!).

Then again, I still miss a proper "compressor" bundle (I will critisize that every time I see it) - I also consider the NEVE 33609 just as vintage. And the OPTO design, while being more flexible than the LA2A, was clearly covered with the LA.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

djshire wrote:
Maybe once you guys release a Neve-inspired channel strip....
Or a 2254 compressor emulation, which does not sound the same as the 33609.

Sounding great! As always amazed by the value for the $ + sound quality. Been using the Black76 emu for years such an amazing plug.

SWallace wrote:Sounding great! As always amazed by the value for the $ + sound quality. Been using the Black76 emu for years such an amazing plug.
Agreed, their quality for $ ratio is amongs the very best plugin developers. Many of the top plugin makers charge $300 or more for a single plugin but IK lets you get 500 credits for $300 wich means you can get 4 or more plugins for $300, plus jam points and sales and IK prices are cheap while quality has improved for the plugins to the point of being high. Sure there are even cheaper and free plugins out here from some other developers but to my personal taste those plugins very rarely sound as good as IK's, YMMV.

There seem to have been some role reversals/trading-places, IK seem to be the new UA because long ago UAD was bang-for-buck with quality plugins wich is what IK plugins has become, but now UAD is the new PowerCore and UA is now TC due to high prices of plugins. Oh how things have changed. Ironically TC is actually about to release plugins for the UAD platform (I'm sure prices will be very high if past is any indicator). IK back in the days was not even in the same league IMO and now IK has the formula for success.

Bravo IK :clap: for doing things the right way (generally). It's not perfect but you have a good business model and the new EQs are indeed VERY nice. Even many of the most hardcore doubters, haters, critics, etc will come on-board your bandwagon more and more as time passes with every new plugin release, as your greatness becomes more and more apparent and undeniable! Resistance is futile :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: .
Last edited by sounddesigner on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

mistake
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Great job. I like these guys. Not my favorite EQs but they are good.

Please note that if you've purchased these (yes, even before the promotion started) you are eligible for our T-RackS BOGO Sellebration: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trbogo

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Please note that if you've purchased these (yes, even before the promotion started) you are eligible for our T-RackS BOGO Sellebration: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trbogo
Excellent. I wanted to pick up the 1073 and 33609 but the price for both was too steep. The Buy One Get One offer fixes that.

If there is a new GB sale, and a British Classic Bundle... I might considering it.

Unless IKM releases the 2254 as well... Until then, the Neve's won't run away.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

hibidy wrote:
yevster wrote:Out of curiousity, does anyone have any music mixed primarily with T-Racks plugs? I'm curious to hear what kind of results people are getting.
I'd say it's about the same as anything else. Back when I got the "british" bundle for 75 bucks I sold myself on the idea that the buss was terrific and the channel strips were just a bonus. I don't really use them anymore. I think the solid mix buss comp is a bit better and the channel strips are kinda meh to me. Originally I liked the gates in them but I guess I was just gasing at the time because I don't care for it much now.

I love the 432 though. It easily outperforms the premium tube series for a nice after eq on a full mix.

Another real gem is the "black" compressor. Nothing else I've tried comes close imho.
Could you post a link to a mix you've done with them, especially with the bus comp?

I'm curious if I were to buy a T-racks bundle (such as the British Studio Series), would I still get the free download upon registering it? Or does this promotion only apply to single processors only?

I bought Precision in januari, Master EQ 432 in februari, tough luck no BOGO.

*edit
But i see neither one of the new EQ's is included in BOGO action anyway.

Return to “Effects”