Soft Tube Console 1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any Console 1 users here?

Seems like a very useful product but overpriced. Still I'm tempted when the Windows version comes out. :?

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Console 1 was the old Focusrite Liquid Mix even though the Console 1 doesn't do any onboard DSP. Now it's discontinued and the last update was over 4 years ago. I can see the interest in having a purpose built controller but that puts you in the position of needing the developer or developers (Soft Tube and SSL) to keep it updated. But at least (from the FAQ) "You can actually use the Console 1 software without even having the hardware connected to the computer." so even if driver support for the hardware dies, you can still use the plugins. Could be cool.

overpriced for what it deliver yet. otherwise of course it's interesting because it's softube.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Looks ugly a bit also SSL 4000 we already heard that this console is nothing special in other emulations Slate Rack will be more interesting !

Return to “Effects”