Guess the synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The yet-to-be-released Dune 2 maybe? In any case, it is versatile!
바보

OBXD ??
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Some lovely pads in there. Something with a degree of versatility.....Massive?

mkastrup wrote:Hmmm Yamaha AN1x maybe, doesn't sound like something from Korg. However IF its a softsynth then this thing need to get under my fingers :hihi:
It's definitely no hardware VA synth :-) It's a software one!
Otherwise I'd have posted it in the hardware forum

There's nothing to win, but the featured sounds will be released as free soundset soon

Has anybody guessed correctly?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

synthsoundz wrote:There's nothing to win, but the featured sounds will be released as free soundset soon
Well, then you should have posted it in the soundware forum ;)

These competitions get kind of dull, if you don't offer alternatives.

It's Dune 2 most likely. Not posting the soundset until it's released. Very nice soundset though so I hope it is for Dune.

Rob Papen Blue 2?

So what is it?

bftucker wrote:The yet-to-be-released Dune 2 maybe?
LimboLoves wrote:It's Dune 2 most likely.
Asking people to identify a synth by its sound when that synth hasnt even been released yet would be a little.....silly. Obviously the only people who could actually know its sound character would be the developer and his betatesters, which means everyone else would literally have to 'guess' and hope to get it right by chance. And somehow i dont think that the OP meant 'guess' so literally.

Anyhow, after the usual wrestling with soundcloud and finally getting the clip to play, something about the sound strongly reminded me of z3ta2. This pretty much didnt change much throughout the clip so that would be my guess, although im significantly more sure of what it isnt than what it is. (Its definitely not the minimoog, for instance.)

Sendy wrote:Has anybody guessed correctly?
Yes, it was amongst the guesses.
This huge variety of very diverse guesses it quite funny though...

So what was it?

Sounds like Diva.

D-Fusion wrote:Rob Papen Blue 2?
I think this might be it.

I just listened to it again and noticed that there was a scene with drums in it. Since the caption says 'All sounds are from the same VA', i have to assume that this includes the drums as well.

This and the fact that there was definitely some sequencing going on strongly hints at the WAVESTATION. The sound character of the synth and especially the quality of the FX dont seem to be standing in the way of this idea either, in fact they seem to fit the bill rather well. The only problem with this idea is that the WS was/is no analog synthesizer, which means it wouldnt qualify as a 'VA'.

Hmm...

Really curious now what it turns out to be.

Return to “Instruments”