Does the average listener really care if its analog?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With regard to whether the average listener cares, these days I am convinced that the main benefit of analogue is to make the producer happy and inspired to make good music only. After that it gets downsampled and made into mp3s where almost any benefit it lost. This is the same reason why everyone should have one set of monitors that are more 'hi-fi' - making music on NS10s is painful and uninspiring. Accurate monitors should be fired up at the end only IMO.

People with analogue synths get happy and inspired by them, which usually leads to better music. I think the fact that the average listener doesn't know or care about the difference is largely irrelevant.

And this is the second time recently I have seen people argue about photography making the same error - people confuse 'fidelity' or 'accuracy' with 'visually pleasing' - they are two different things. An old photo taken with a Hasselblad will look better than a modern digital photo in most cases but the modern digital photo will blow the old analogue camera away for accuracy/pixel count etc.

Nope, and neither should they. 'S'all jus' tools y'hear !!??

Kindred wrote:After that it gets downsampled and made into mp3s where almost any benefit it lost.
So you're basically saying that an mp3 encoding converts an analog synth into a digital one?

The best answer to this question is:

''Does the average listener really care if it's digital?''

Doug1978 wrote:''Does the average listener really care if it's digital?''
Is that ITB or OTB digital? :hihi:
... space is the place ...

:x :x

I'll get digital on you if you're not carefully, sunshine.

:hihi:

Argh! Doug is threatening me with his bits! :o :help:
... space is the place ...

I think most people really only care if they like it or not.
How, or what its made with is secondary at best.

Average listener doesn't even know note names.
Also average listener should be narrowed down to women only, that's your average listeners.
All those videos full of tits and what not are not aimed at guys, it's for women, to boost their self esteem and to encourage them to value themselves even more.
Every women watching those videos day dream that they're those ass shaking, tits flashing "ladies", 10 years old girl listening to Iglesias interprets it, that's all right that some 30 something years old dude on internet want to lick her, she even encourages him to show her how bad he wants it.
On a serious note, women are the ones who're getting off the most from those mentioned videos, really.

So does average woman care if it's analog?
Yes!

and yes those videos are not for guys, really. None of you'll get it, though, but one day you might understand it.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:Average listener doesn't even know note names.
Also average listener should be narrowed down to women only, that's your average listeners.
All those videos full of tits and what not are not aimed at guys, it's for women, to boost their self esteem and to encourage them to value themselves even more.
Every women watching those videos day dream that they're those ass shaking, tits flashing "ladies", 10 years old girl listening to Iglesias interprets it, that's all right that some 30 something years old dude on internet want to lick her, she even encourages him to show her how bad he wants it.
On a serious note, women are the ones who're getting off the most from those mentioned videos, really.

Yes!

and yes those videos are not for guys, really. None of you'll get it, though, but one day you might understand it.
:? :neutral: :scared: :o ....... :) :D :hihi: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:Average listener doesn't even know note names.

Yes!

Do you respond with this same answer to every thread? :o :hihi:
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

^ Yet u guys keep quoting the shit so even though I block it shows up on my page. Damn it internet, get a f**king grip on what's important in life.

I might be the exception because I like watching music videos with hot chicks wearing just enough to let the video pass on cable tv.

samsam wrote:^ Yet u guys keep quoting the shit so even though I block it shows up on my page.
there's an app for that

Return to “Instruments”