Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

Just saw this a bit ago:

https://www.facebook.com/xlnaudio.music

www.addictivedrums2.com

Anyone know much else?

Only that, borrowing from IK Multimedia's business model, the announced release date of mid-May will elasticize to mid-December--2017! :P

/joke.

Being an ADD user, I, too, am curious. The upgrade price seems reasonable, but we'll have to see exactly what the upgrade offers. I was tempted to get the upgrade to BFD3 (€149.00), but, after reading FXPansion's forum and bits around the web, decided against it. I then made a decision to wipe BFD2 off my computer, so ADD is now my only 3rd party drum program. So, I am very curious. I've never had a problem with XLN Audio, so I am looking forward to ADD2.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Lol. Management has not told Bombadil when it is coming out yet, just that they started thinking about working on it. Haha!

Sweetwater has an ad saying if you buy it, the upgrade to version 2 is free.

Yep, that's in their blurb. Lot of people bitching about the fact that, being long-time users, they don't get the upgrade for free. That's silly, imo. What is the upgrade price, $79.00? Please. Another good thing about the new v. is that it is independent of v.1. It won't write over it, so if it is a bit buggy (which it surely will be upon release), I can always stay with v.1 until the issues are sorted.

They're keeping the new features close to the vest right now, though they're saying that they've incorporated a lot of user requests into the new v.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

To be fair, if the upgrade is good, I don't think it should be free. If they added a new skin and threw in a soda, then yeah, should be free.

I like AD but the new Ezdrummer 2 is mind boggling IMHO.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Man, the timing couldn't be worse. Waiting until a week after Ezdrummer 2 is released and not providing more info on the new features is an early sales killer IMHO. I'll likely upgrade my EZD and AD eventually but so far Toontracks marketing is in the lead.

Joey Sturgis is talking about releasing a drum software soon as well. He's suggested holding off on purchasing EZDrummer 2. Will be interesting to see what he comes out with.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

What does EZ Drummer 2 have over AD?

They better add a tape delay and spring reverb so I can do dub stuff on my snares and hats. A flanger/phaser would also be nice.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:What does EZ Drummer 2 have over AD?
Well I just answered my own question by watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AArgiZAC3IM

Pretty impressive.

My point exactly. XLN hasn't told us yet and the two release dates are around the corner.

twoifbysea wrote:
My point exactly. XLN hasn't told us yet and the two release dates are around the corner.
Yeah good point. Why would XLN not tell us? It's clearly finished. Why would they wait until release day to tell us the features? Very strange.

One thing that I know AD2 will have is the software world's first "Completely Online Only Installation and Activation" feature. I've purchased, downloaded, and backed up installers, zips, and whatnot for literally multiple terabytes of software and content… mostly music software, ginormous sample libs, and tons of games. Yes, I have guilty pleasures. Sampled pianos and electric basses, that is. What, you thought I was talking about video games? Even Steam makes it easy to just move your whole freaking library from one disk/computer to another and hook everything up in the client… this online-only thing that AD is going after is… bizarre comes to mind.

EZ2 looks pretty cool, though… at least the dynamic MIDI pattern and song editing features. At least I appreciate the evolutionary thought behind it -- any old software can just drag and drop MID tidbits on a timeline, so let's give user's something a lot cooler and more useful. Esp. the humanizing aspects of it, as mentioned in the vid. One question that comes up often in forums like these is how to humanize static drum MIDI… applying some algorithmic variability etc. may prove very useful for the 90% of users who aren't drummers and like to tweak every grace note and foot splash by hand. At least give them a good selection of starting points without too much faffing about. Other than that, was never impressed with EX itself… just another collection of the same old drums, with limited cymbals. So I'm fully bought into BFD2 + expansions and all of the NI drum stuff at this point… but I may just take a closer look at EZ2 when it's out.

AD on the other hand… stay tuned for a Market Place thread coming to a theatre near you...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:One thing that I know AD2 will have is the software world's first "Completely Online Only Installation and Activation" feature. I've purchased, downloaded, and backed up installers, zips, and whatnot for literally multiple terabytes of software and content… mostly music software, ginormous sample libs, and tons of games. Yes, I have guilty pleasures. Sampled pianos and electric basses, that is. What, you thought I was talking about video games? Even Steam makes it easy to just move your whole freaking library from one disk/computer to another and hook everything up in the client… this online-only thing that AD is going after is… bizarre comes to mind.

What does this mean exactly. I'm not sure I follow...

Return to “Instruments”