Electrum Drum (Android) can now record a vocal / instrument track

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Latest update 4.8.3 of Electrum in on the Market soon (as soon as Google pushes the update through):

Added Vocal/Instrument track recording feature!

You can now record a full length vocal or instrument track, allowing you to freestyle along with the beat and record that, or to play an instrument if you wish. Recording is done through the device Microphone.

It's recommended to wear headphones while recording so you don't re-record the beat itself (feedback)

On my Galaxy Nexus I had trouble when trying to use iRig Mic or the iRig Cast, I seemed to get "bleed through". I think that is a hardware problem and not an issue with Electrum. If you use the default MIC everything works great.

Changes:

Fixed help HTML dialog not displaying properly on some devices
Fixed PAD recording , was broken on some devices
A few other small bug fixes.

Please email me with any issues regarding Vocal track record! Also, vocal recording only plays the current pattern. Let me know if you want it to play the song sequencer instead!

-nikotwenty

Nice update Niko. This looks like a brilliant and unique feature :tu:

Ha thanks planeth! I gotta keep up to you and SingleCell in some way :wink:

Also I wanted to clarify, when I said vocal track only plays the current pattern, that means during RECORDING.

When you play "outside" of the vocal recording dialog, the vocal track will play along with whatever you are doing. Vocals are a separate global track that just always play, they are not tied to any specific pattern at all. Only in the Vocal recording dialog RECORD and PLAY only play the current pattern when you are recording or setting up your sync. Once you leave the recording dialog everything works normally.

nikolatesla20 wrote: Also I wanted to clarify, when I said vocal track only plays the current pattern, that means during RECORDING.

When you play "outside" of the vocal recording dialog, the vocal track will play along with whatever you are doing. Vocals are a separate global track that just always play, they are not tied to any specific pattern at all. Only in the Vocal recording dialog RECORD and PLAY only play the current pattern when you are recording or setting up your sync. Once you leave the recording dialog everything works normally.
Very nifty feature. I've just played around with it a bit, the fact that it's a separate global track makes it really powerful. Definitely one of the missing links in the groovebox world :clap:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”