Is GForce M-Tron Pro still the best "Tron" vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SODDI wrote:Plus the fact that G-Force wouldn't answer customer service requests regarding a wonky re-installation about 3 years ago. I am a registered first-party owner with a serial number and the original disks. G-Force just ignored my e-mails.

Therefore, I have placed G-Force on my shit list and will never do business with them again. And I urge you not to do business with them.
They have never been anything less than perfect in my dealings with them.

I don't doubt your experience with them but mine hasn't been anything like it.

k

taijiguy wrote: Even after all these years, most Mellotronists haven't learned how to properly maintain their machines, hence the undeserved rap they get for being unreliable (they really need no more maintenance than a guitar). In fact, I'm still learning about the inner workings of both of my Trons, which are vastly different from each other.
Hey, thanks a million. I had not been fortunate enough to find your samples before. ... I'd love a real tron, but I know I don't have the time/inclination/skills to properly maintain it. So, I've avoided it so far.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

donato wrote:
chaibuka wrote:M-Tron Pro Expansion Packs are 50% off till Oct 22nd
Thanks for the heads up. If you already own M-Tron Pro it seems to make sense. However, living outside of the EU, for both Streetly expansions and M-Tron Pro itself it still comes to 165 British pounds or about $267 USD. Still too high for me unfortunately. Luckily the free UVI Mello has helped subside some of my mellotron yearnings (although not nearly as thorough as the offerings found here).
Oh well, I bought all the exta libraries while they're 50% off and will buy M-Tron Pro next month.

But I have everything else they make (sans VSM) and had and sold the original M-Tron before so I kinda know what I'm getting myself into.

I have IK's take on Mello and it's fine, UVI does not rock my boat at all (although I did get it and checked it out while it was free).

You kinda do get what you pay for and I have a project in the works that'll make good use of Mello sounds :) so that's fine by me.

k

Shaetano wrote:People asking for offers/sales:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MTronProFull/
Not bad. I wonder if that's a temporary thing or if we'll see that as permanent.

donato wrote:

Not bad. I wonder if that's a temporary thing or if we'll see that as permanent.
Looks like that deal is gone now, which is frustrating because I saw it there not more than a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere else?

bharris22 wrote:
donato wrote:

Looks like that deal is gone now, which is frustrating because I saw it there not more than a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere else?
Interesting. I thought it was going to be permanent. I picked it up a few weeks ago. Certainly have more mellotron stuff now than I know what to do with. Someone is or was selling a similar package in the market place a day or two ago. I don't know if it's still available, but it might be worth exploring.

Edit- Here is the link. Not quite the whole package that was at sweetwater, but looks like a pretty good deal:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=403942

Am I missing something or is there no demo for M-Tron Pro on the GForce website? It's a little pricey to not be able to check it out so I hope I missed the link. I did discover that Omnisphere has a few great Mellotron / Chaimberlin string and choir patches that an engineer friend reminded me of. Still wanted to try M-Tron Pro though.

Nope, GForce haven't made a usable M-Tron Pro demo. Their site contains just sound samples and music demos. Same for the VSM if you look.

I bought M-Tron Pro and all the expansions while they were on sale. I've been wanting to get this for years, and I'm so glad I finally did. Such gorgeous sounds! They really add a vintage vibe, which I love.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

i got mello from uvi free with an order. it's excellent and still i see in the newsletter from uncle that you can get it for free. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

GForce are doing 50% off M-Tron Pro at their site. Email says it'll only be on for a week though.

Shaetano wrote:GForce are doing 50% off M-Tron Pro at their site. Email says it'll only be on for a week though.
What is their copy protection?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Krakatau wrote:
deastman wrote:I do wish the M-Tron tapes were simply released in Kontakt format,s.
Bear in mind : the early versions of M-Tron (not yet pro) were released before Kontakt came to market
Yes, and that's why i sampled my M-Tron and used it with NI Battery at that time.
When M-Tron first came out it was so filled with bugs that it was unbelievable, because it was only a simple sample player !
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

BlackWinny wrote:
Shaetano wrote:GForce are doing 50% off M-Tron Pro at their site. Email says it'll only be on for a week though.
What is their copy protection?
CP is serial only
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Return to “Instruments”