Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

I spent some hours in the deep woods yesterday morning to do some field recordings for the Iris subscription. Here is the demo for a first patch "Mystic Bird Calls":

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... -iris-demo

Sounds great.

Phase47 wrote:Sounds great.
Thank's!

Here is another track using two new patches produced from/with unprocessed and processed field recordings from that session in the woods:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... -iris-demo

More sounds from the deep woods - Penta Woods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U0NlKAc-Es

Here is the last demo track with patches from set 42 - "Melancholy Birds", combining three patches all derived from that field recording session in the woods:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -iris-demo

Here comes the release info for set 42:

Iris Subscription Set42 uploaded on March 23 - 2014 containing 10 presets (293 MB) including:

Bird Pad
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscs, a field recording which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. Oscillators 1+3 play bird samples with a distinct tonality, Osc 2 plays a bird sound with a glissando, Osc 1 is running in Non-Retrigger mode. Control volume/pitch of Osc 2 with Macros 3+4. M 1+2 (x/y) control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, the inverted Modwheel 5 controls LP cutoff. M5 introduces pan modulation with slightly different LFO speeds for each oscillator.

Duck Loops
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscs, a field recording of a bathing duck which I recorded at a lake in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. The x/y-pad controls the volumes of the 3 oscillators, open the Mix window and watch the oscillator levels to see what's going on. Macro 6 controls the amount of pitch modulation applied to all ducks, M7 controls the speed of the pitch modulation. M3 adds some heavy distortion, M4+5 control amount and time/feedback of Delay FX. The inverted Modwheel controls LP cutoff.

Harp Scape Split
The sample of a glissando in major played on my celtic harp, originally sampled for my sound library Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for MachFive 3, processed with PitchFunk, VRoom, B2 and GRM Evolution for this patch, is used in both oscillators. Osc 2 plays the glissando part and Osc 1 plays the long FX tail. Overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris). The inverted Modwheel controls LP cutoff. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control amount of Reverb/Delay FX, M 3+4 add temposynced amplitude modulation.

Mystic Bird Calls
The same long sample is used in oscillators 1+2, a field recording which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. The Sub-oscillator adds a noise-modulated sine wave to enhance the pitches of the mystical bird calls. Osc 1+2 run in Non-Retrigger mode, Glide is activated. The inverted Modwheel controls LP filter cutoff, Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX. M 3+4 add pan modulation to Osc 1+2.

Okarina Birds
A field recording of a bird which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring is used in Osc 1. Osc 2 plays a resynthesized version of that sample produced in Metasynth by playing back the resynthesized and retuned data of the bird with some Okarina samples from my sound library Granular Worlds for Padshop Pro. Osc 3 adds a calm pad sound programmed on my good old Z1 hardware synthesizer. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff and adds Tube distortion. Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 adds a tad of pitch modulation to S3, M5 controls the volume of S3, M4 adds pitch modulation to the bird in Osc 1.

Penta Woods
Osc 1+3 both use the sample of a field recording with chirping birds and working woodpeckers which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. Osc 2 uses a resynthesized bird ambience tuned to a pentatonic scale produced with Metasynth. The Modwheel increases the LP filter cutoff. Macros 1+2 control amount of Chorus/Reverb FX, M3 adds Delay FX, M4 introduces square-shaped pitch modulation to S2, +/- 1 octave with M4 fully engaged, M5 controls the speed of the pitch modulation.

Woodpecker Trio
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscillators, a field recording with woodpeckers which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. The oscillators are finetuned to 440 Hz. The Modwheel adds distortion and increases the HP filter cutoff. Macros 1+2 control the amount of Delay (temposynced) and Reverb FX, M3+5 add random pitch modulation to Osc 1+2, M 4+5 control the modulation speed.

Woodpeckers Calling
The same long sample is used in oscillators 1+2, a field recording with two communicating woodpeckers and some bird calls which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode, in Osc 2 the sounds plays backward/forward. The x/y-pad controls amount/tone of the aliasing distortion, the Modwheel adds random pitch modulation. M3 controls amount of Delay FX, M4 modulates various delay parameters. Inverted Macro 5 controls LP cutoff and M6 controls amount of Reverb FX.

Woodworks 01
Two long field recordings which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring are used in Osc 1+2. In Osc 1 there is the sound of wooden accents, a bird building his/her nest inside a tree. In Osc 2 there is a bird repetitively singing a rising minor third accompanied by more nest building action. M1+2 (x/y) control amount of Delay/Flanging FX, M3 adds noise-shaped pitch modulation to the Bird in S2, M4 adds random pitch modulation to the wood sounds in S1. The Modwheel increases LP filter cutoff.

Woodworks 02
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscs, a field recording which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. In Osc 1 there is an angry bird alarming the rest of the family (I suppose she/he was afraid of all my recording gear). In Osc 2 there is a bird repetitively singing a rising minor third accompanied by nest building action and woodpeckers. Osc 3 has a very narrow, surreal sounding spectral selection of all the activities. The FX section is running in Send-mode, S1 is send into the delay, S3 is send into the reverb, all oscillators can be send into the aliasing distortion using Macro 1 (x), control distortion tone with M2 (y). The inverted Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff, with the wheel fully engaged, you only hear the effect returns (as the sends are routed pre-filter). M3 adds pan modulation to all oscillators with a slightly different speed for each LFO.

----

The subscription now contains 297 presets including 6.33 GB of samples. The subscription price remains at € 95 EUR until the next set is released.

----

EDIT: I just made another short impro video with the Iris patch “Woodpecker Trio“:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ODpB0DIi0

Here comes a fresh patch from the upcoming set no. 43. On April 19 we have the 2 years anniversary of the Iris subscription, approaching 300 patches, Iris lives!

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -demo-iris

Another patch from set 43 - "Simple Guitar":

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... -iris-demo

Here comes a rather wondrous track combining 4 new patches from set 43:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... -patchpool

So, it's the 2-year-Iris-subscription-anniversary today and here comes the release info for set 43:

Iris Subscription Set 43 uploaded on April 19 - 2014 containing 10 presets (206.3 MB) including:

Bassoon Loops
A basson phrase recorded inside a train waggon on our journey through Russia in 2011 with a russian orchestra. We (the film team) recorded an interview with a bassoon player for a documentary and he played some bassoon for this feature. I denoised the train rumbling from that phrase and made some cuts. Each oscillator plays a different segment and harmonic selection of the same sample. Root note is B3 (B4 in Iris). Each osc has a LFO applied to volume, with slightly different LFO speeds, so when playing long notes you will get ever evolving combinations of sound. MW introduces aliasing-distortion and Chorus FX. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control amount of Delay/Reverb FX.

Blossoming Scape Split
A sample made with a patch from my Spectral soundset Spectral Rays processed with B2 and other things is used in both oscillators, running in split mode, split point: B2/C3 (B3/C4 in Iris). Macro 1 (x) adds distortion, M2 controls LP cutoff. M3 adds Delay FX, M4 adds Chorus FX, use M5 to control chorus speed.

Dark Screamer Split
A sample made with a sound from my Alchemy library Framedrum combined with a sound from my Reaktor Bank No Boundaries for DRON-E, the Reaktor sound is being modulated by the "screaming" framedrum scape using GRM Grinder which is functioning as a vocoder in this case. Each oscillator uses a different segment and spectral selection of that sample. The sounds are split across the keyboard overlapping in the octave between C2 - C3 (C3 - C4 in Iris). Both oscs are running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modhweel adds noise-shaped pitch modulation to both sounds. Maacros 1+2 (x/y) control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 controls the cutoff of the LP filter. This one is spooky!

Floating Guitars
A long electric guitar sample, ethereal swells played with a volume foot pedal through a delay stompbox into two amps, furtherly processed with B2 reverb. Each osc uses a different segment and spectral selection of that sample. The Modwheel adds temposyced amplitude modulation to each samples, the LFO speeds are all different (2 against 3). Please have a look at the Macro page to see how the 5 assigned Macros affect the sound.

Framedrum Surreality
A framedrum texture from my Reaktor Bank No Boundaries for DRON-E processed with Trash 2 and B2. Each osc is using the same sample, playing different segments and spectral selections. Oscillator 2 is not following pitch (Fixed mode), it's pitch is being modulated by a LFO, LFO speed assigned to the Modwheel. The MW also adds random pitch modulation to S3. Each osc has it's dedictaed volume control (Macros 3 - 5), Macros 1+2 (x/y) control amount/speed of Delay FX, M6 controls amount of Reverb FX.

Glocken Gong Clouds Split
From C3 upwards the sample of a processed Glockenspiel hit is playing in Osc 2, From C3 downwards a procesed Thai gong hit is playing in Osc 1. The Modwheel adds random pitch modulation to the gong and temposynced pitch mod to the Glockenspiel. Macro 2 (y) controls filter cutoff, with M2 down you can adds temposynced filter modulation using Macro 1 (x). Add phasing FX using M4.

Peaceful Land Split
Osc 1 uses a sample made with a sound from my Spectral soundset Spectral Rays processed with a Molekular FX-patch from my Snapshot Bank DNA and crusherX. The sample is mapped from C3 (C4 in Iris) upwards. From B2 (B3) downwards Osc 2 is playing a timestretched electric guitar sample. Both oscs are running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to both samples. Macro 2 (y) control LP cutoff, with y down, add a filter envelope using M1 (x). The FX section is running in Send-mode. Macros 3+4 control the overall send amounts to each FX unit for each osc.

Simple Guitar
An electric guitar snippet recorded during the amp setup/mic testing for a recording session is playing in Osc 1. Add tremolo with Macro 5, control tremolo speed using M6. Macros 1-4 control various FX units, inverted M7 controls LP filter cutoff.

Spectral Waterphone Split
A waterphone sample from my MachFive library Scattered Entity processed with Molekular FX-patch from my Snapshot Bank DNA is playing in both oscillators. The root notes a set differently and S2 is only playing up to C5 (C4 in Iris). S1 is running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel increases the volume of S2. Macro 3 adds a tad of pitch modulation to S1, M4 controls modulation speed. M5 adds pan modulation to S2, M6 controls pan-modulation speed. M7 controls LP filter cutoff, M 1+2 (x/y) control amount of Delay/Reverb FX.

Strange Land Split
Both oscillators use the same sample made with a sound from my Spectral soundset Spectral Rays processed with a Molekular FX-patch from my Snapshot Bank DNA and crusherX. S1 is mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 is mapped from C3 (C4) upwards and is running in Radius RT (time preserving) mode (set it to "Resample" to save CPU / to switch to normal sampling mode). The Modwheel controls HP filter cutoff and adds distortion. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control amount/speed of Delay FX, M3 adds saw up-shaped pitch modulation to S1, use M4 to control modulation speed. M5 adds random pitch modulation to S2, use M6 to control modulation speed. M7 controls amount of Reverb FX.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/sets/iris-set-1

----

The subscription price has been upped to € 100 EUR, there are now 307 patches including 6.53 Gigabyte of samples.

Happy Easter! :party:
Simon

Congrats on reaching the 2 years anniversary and more than 300 presets milestones. :clap:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:Congrats on reaching the 2 years anniversary and more than 300 presets milestones. :clap:
Thank you, Ben - it's been a real adventure so far :)

Here comes a demo for a new patch from the upcoming subscription set no. 44, Nightingale Scape. A nightingale has been singing outside my studio window for the last two weeks or so, last night I finally captured here beautiful singing on tape, so there will be a few nightingale patches in the next set:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/n ... bscription

Improvising with a new Iris patch "Oud Harmonics Texture" - as I just started sampling my new Oud I had to include an Oud patch in the upcoming set.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/o ... bscription

Return to “Soundware”