]Cover] Deep Purple - Burn

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I recorded, mixed and mastered this great cover in my studio with great studio musicians.
Hope you'll like it. ;)

http://youtu.be/47imOsKSiKo

Simon

Very impressive. I haven't listened to this for a very long time. Great recording, and the band are very impressive. The singer has quite a range.

Good work :)

I really like that. Excellent performance, and very good recording and mixing.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

That was very cool. Loved it. I enjoyed the solo immensely.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Thanks guys! :)

As far as I can hear, the tracks are solid and mixed very well.
All the performances are very good except for the drummer (Vic). He can`t keep time and it makes the track sound sluggish and loose. Have you noticed somethiong wrong? Not your prob? or is it? If your just the engineer/mixologist, I`d keep my mouth shut. If your producing as well, you might need to get fancy.

Edit - I see now your are in Ljubljana. I have a guitarist friend in Slovenia and his wife works in Ljubljana. I`ll bet you know him and his musician friends.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Nice. Thoroughly enjoyed as well. Excellent all around. What kind of amp was the guitarist playing through?

Thanks for your comments guys. :)
metalifuxx wrote:What kind of amp was the guitarist playing through?
Kemper profiler for guitars and bass. ;)
annode wrote:All the performances are very good except for the drummer (Vic). He can`t keep time and it makes the track sound sluggish and loose.
Yes it's true, but there is good reason for this. Vid is actually great studio drummer, but on this session he was sick and on antibiotics. He was really tired.
I was only recordong and mixing it, but not producing. We kept performances, as they were recorded, to preserve "rock and roll" filling with all small mistakes, so listener knows that it was played by humans and not programmed. So, no quantizong and editing in the song. ;)
annode wrote:I see now your are in Ljubljana. I have a guitarist friend in Slovenia and his wife works in Ljubljana. I`ll bet you know him and his musician friends.
What's your friends name? :)

Great cover, well played and mixed. Though to be honest, it makes me want to go back to the original and just enjoy ritchie's groovier soloing and the more pressurized vocal delivery :)

Actually scratch that, i'll listen to "No no no". That one could use a couple more covers for sure!

Too many horny hand signs in the video, shit's gotten old. Showing it just once does an adequate "metal reprezent" job. :lol:

Good job.

yeah this is a great cover. reminds me of some studio performances by the japanese band 'anthem' from a few years back. outstanding.

just got to the solo... great guitar

That´s nice !
We need more handmade music, absolutely.
Unfortunately the art of mastering an instrument
is getting less and less appreciation.
Who really does have the balls anymore to study
an instrument 10 or more years ?
(Less and less students of me are cut from this cloth)
Production like this one can help to change that drawback.
Keep it up !

What DAW are you using ? Is that a touch screen in front of you ?

(( D ))

Return to “Music Cafe”