Any multitap delays like Reason RV7000?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/soundemote/delayed

I created this piece around 6 YEARS AGO! I stopped using Reason in around 2008. Well guess what? That freaking multitap delay in the RV7000 is the effect I've never gotten over. Is there any VST that can do multitap delay like this? So, you will hear that piano not only is delayed, but it's stuttery. That's because I am modulating the delay times of the individual delays to create really cool rhythms. The stutter is simply caused by the fact that it's not a tape emulation. What I mean by that is, with a tape emulation you get a repitched effect as you speed up and slow down the delay time. But RV7000 just snaps to the intended delay time. Also, I change the delay ON TEMPO. That's really important: each change must be on beat.

Anyway, is there a VST that can do this? :hyper:

Edit: Forward to 3:50 for a longer piano/delay effect solo.

Hey matte. Plenty of VST can do this type of effect. I am sure someone else will give you good example i just wanted to jump in to say that i really really liked your track. For some reason it does remind me on Moby tracks...great! I've just had great moment with your track...Thank you man..

"Twin Delay" http://www.rhythm-lab.com/plugins/twin_delay on "Digital" mode can do something similar to this, I think.

kmonkey wrote:Hey matte. Plenty of VST can do this type of effect. I am sure someone else will give you good example i just wanted to jump in to say that i really really liked your track. For some reason it does remind me on Moby tracks...great! I've just had great moment with your track...Thank you man..
Hey, that's high praise! Thanks!

*bump*

Thanks nineofkings. Was actually hoping for a commercial plugin or one that has a bit more features to make it easier to accomplish modulated delay, rather than relying on host automation. FabFilter Timeless 2 comes close with their "stretch" algorithm, but it's a very different effect and I actually don't like how it sounds.

If you find out, let me know. The RV7000's echo and multi-tap algorithms also have a nice diffusion parameter that progressively softens each successive tap in a very pleasing way. I still haven't found another delay plugin that sounds quite like it.

I had to resort to connecting my Logic 9 audio to Reason and back into Logic with SoundFlower. It worked ok. Of course, there's no delay compensation like you get with a plugin. So I have to do it manually in Logic. Not ideal. 

I'd really really like to find a similar plugin to the RV7000.

I think Propellerhead would make a lot of money if they sold their rack effects and instruments as plugins. Most definitely a whole new life for that company. Or optionally run Reason itself as a DAW plugin to get audio into and out of it.
Send them feedback.

Return to “Effects”