Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fanfare and Rumble arrived today, Rumble installed fine, but Fanfare seem to get lost in the Activating process. I got no error dialogue of it being already registered as others have mentioned though. So unless someone tells me that's what it does when it has the problem, I'll try it again tomorrow.
Thinking maybe the NI Server was giving me the problem?

At least I got to try it in demo mode and it takes me back to my corps days. :D

Another question for those with the Serial Snafu,
Is MFriend logging these serial numbers down to see if they're getting doubles in their stock?

If you activate a problematic Fanfare via the Activate button on the Fanfare library UI in Kontakt, it never completes activation and hangs the DAW. If you activate it via Native Instruments Service Center, it returns quickly with the error.

Rumble activates very quickly via the Activate button on the Rumble library UI in Kontakt.

hueynym wrote: (Sample Logic quote)
"I would suggest returning your copy and purchasing directly from us.

We no longer support Musicians Friend or Guitar Center since they have decided to mark Fanfare off -90% of our MSRP just to turn extra profit and the overwhelming profit they already have made from us. "
I'm not sure how this argument could ever make any sense at all. At 90% off, MF are very likely selling it at a loss. If Sample Logic really sold the libraries to MF at 10% MSRP, which is doubtful, MF might just recover what they paid. Minus the shipping costs.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

thenumber23 wrote:If you activate a problematic Fanfare via the Activate button on the Fanfare library UI in Kontakt, it never completes activation and hangs the DAW. If you activate it via Native Instruments Service Center, it returns quickly with the error.

Rumble activates very quickly via the Activate button on the Rumble library UI in Kontakt.
Yep - this is exactly what happened to me. I sent an e-mail to the MF address last night - let's see what happens.

medienhexer wrote:
hueynym wrote: (Sample Logic quote)
"I would suggest returning your copy and purchasing directly from us.

We no longer support Musicians Friend or Guitar Center since they have decided to mark Fanfare off -90% of our MSRP just to turn extra profit and the overwhelming profit they already have made from us. "
I'm not sure how this argument could ever make any sense at all. At 90% off, MF are very likely selling it at a loss. If Sample Logic really sold the libraries to MF at 10% MSRP, which is doubtful, MF might just recover what they paid. Minus the shipping costs.
I agree - this is nonsense.

medienhexer wrote:I'm not sure how this argument could ever make any sense at all. At 90% off, MF are very likely selling it at a loss. If Sample Logic really sold the libraries to MF at 10% MSRP, which is doubtful, MF might just recover what they paid. Minus the shipping costs.
MF is probably in need of clearing stock, storage space also costs money.

There should be contracts governing the dealings between SL and MF. Presumably, MF would not be marking down SL products if it was contractually forbidden from doing so. On the other hand, if SampleLogic has intentionally been rendering the products it tendered to MF lemons, I hope it finds itself on the business end of a crippling lawsuit.

Unlike SL, which seems to be a dinky two-person company operating in someone's basement, MF is 100% owned by Bain Capital and probably can afford a good lawyer.

yevster wrote:Unlike SL, which seems to be a dinky two-person company operating in someone's basement
They look friendly though ;)

yevster wrote:There should be contracts governing the dealings between SL and MF. Presumably, MF would not be marking down SL products if it was contractually forbidden from doing so. On the other hand, if SampleLogic has intentionally been rendering the products it tendered to MF lemons, I hope it finds itself on the business end of a crippling lawsuit.
I completely agree. I am only a bystander in this, and this whole issue has taught me never to trust Sample Logic and not to buy anything from them again. It's disgusting and it smells. MF has always been very accommodating and friendly to deal with.

I emailed MFriend support last night. Anyone know how long they take to respond?

frejahel wrote:I completely agree. I am only a bystander in this, and this whole issue has taught me never to trust Sample Logic and not to buy anything from them again. It's disgusting and it smells.
I've bought a couple of libraries direct from Sample Logic, in my experience their service's A-OK, they treated me well.

BBFG# wrote:I emailed MFriend support last night. Anyone know how long they take to respond?

Call them, it's quicker:
877-560-3807

Numanoid wrote:
medienhexer wrote:I'm not sure how this argument could ever make any sense at all. At 90% off, MF are very likely selling it at a loss. If Sample Logic really sold the libraries to MF at 10% MSRP, which is doubtful, MF might just recover what they paid. Minus the shipping costs.
MF is probably in need of clearing stock, storage space also costs money.
Exactly! Stuff doesn't sell - throw out and get other stuff. Easy business decision, nothing personal whatsoever. Classic sink costs (or 'down the drain' for non-economists :-D)

But 'they're selling our stuff dirt cheap to make an extra profit' is devoid of any logic. And turns it into something personal.

Not going to touch the serial topic.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

MFriend responded but only offered to return my money.

Has anyone got a replacement for the Fanfare Software?

Yep - just got the same e-mail. MF will be sending me a shipping label to return the disks, will refund my money and will give me a $25 credit. The e-mail states "At this time, Sample Logic is not allowing products sold by Musician’s Friend to be registered." If MF bought the products from Sample Logic, why would SL not allow them to be registered?

As expected, though, MF is doing the right thing.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”