Any news of FL Studio 12?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

I am logged into the forum and still the link doesn't work.

Thanks anyway, I'll wait for the ticket response.

grymmjack wrote:I am logged into the forum and still the link doesn't work.

Thanks anyway, I'll wait for the ticket response.
but you are FL Studio owner yes?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I've known it in the past where I've logged in, gone to a page again in the forum and it still doesn't clock that I've logged in somehow.

I had to copy the forum url, log in again, then opened a new browser window/tab and pasted the url in again and then it worked.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Has there been any talk of implementing track freeze?

Thanks,

Club Ho

ClubHo wrote:Has there been any talk of implementing track freeze?

Thanks,

Club Ho
unfortunately no. it seems we will render/auto-create to audioclip trough our whole lifetime (update for free).. :roll:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ClubHo wrote:Has there been any talk of implementing track freeze?

Thanks,

Club Ho
What's a 'Track'? In FL Studio the relationship between Instrument Channel > Playlist Track > Mixer Track is not defined.

FWIW I made this for some guys on Looptalk today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFRQvuwjYs
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:What's a 'Track'? In FL Studio the relationship between Instrument Channel > Playlist Track > Mixer Track is not defined.
IMO that's part of the problem. "Rendering to wave" solves CPU spikes related to playback (in playlist) and it works well for that, but if you have (for ex) 8 instances of the same synth loaded in a project - all rendered to audio, but you want to add the 9th channel of the same synth, the DAW "sees" it as the 9th instance of that said plugin so within the pattern section you will still get CPU overload.

What would really help would be if once you "render to wave" a certain instrument track/pattern/whatever you wanna call it, the DAW will see it and treat it like an audio channel (as if the channel would have an audio file inserted on it), while in the playlist would still look like a pattern (it would make multilayering & track alignment easier). Of course it must also have an "unfreeze" command that would revert that specific channel to its original form so you could still make modifications if needed.

Sorry if it's not clear what I'm trying to say...I can't explain it better...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:What would really help would be if once you "render to wave" a certain instrument track/pattern/whatever you wanna call it, the DAW will see it and treat it like an audio channel (as if the channel would have an audio file inserted on it), while in the playlist would still look like a pattern (it would make multilayering & track alignment easier). Of course it must also have an "unfreeze" command that would revert that specific channel to its original form so you could still make modifications if needed.

Sorry if it's not clear what I'm trying to say...I can't explain it better...
If you have 'Switch smart disable on' inactive instrument channels will not be using CPU and if they are, manually disabling them will fix that. You can mute pattern clips or Playlist tracks. Given you do that, I don't see how the issue you are discussing here can happen.

You render the active channels to audio, you mute their clips or Playlist track and you are done. Just like I did in the video.

If you need to freeze that often, then you should get into the habit of making sure the project is laid out in a way that makes it easy.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

You can always record in edison and drag it across to a channel too, reducing the number of instances required. I used to do that fairly frequently, keeping a seperate pattern stored for each bit I'd frozen an audio so I could edit it later at that level later on.

It's a bit more long-winded than the feature you're describing (which would be handy tbh, although I can see it being a lot of work to implement), but it gets the job done and once you're used to doing it it becomes almost automatic.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Image-Line wrote: If you have 'Switch smart disable on' inactive instrument channels will not be using CPU and if they are, manually disabling them will fix that. You can mute pattern clips or Playlist tracks. Given you do that, I don't see how the issue you are discussing here can happen.

You render the active channels to audio, you mute their clips or Playlist track and you are done. Just like I did in the video.

If you need to freeze that often, then you should get into the habit of making sure the project is laid out in a way that makes it easy.
Maybe I should have mentioned from the start that my computer is 10 years old :) Even with all those options checked, I still get those spikes when working within the pattern section. Some synths are CPU demanding and on such an old machine as mine that becomes quickly obvious. I guess it can't be helped considering the situation but I was trying to explain the actual difference between real track/channel freezing and rendering to wave (from a user's perspective) & why sometimes such an option would help. Now of course if it's too much hassle to implement it considering the benefit it may bring...I can understand why it might seem like something not worth doing :)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Thanks for the response Scott.

I was just wondering if there were going to implement a freeze/unfreeze function kinda like in Studio One.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcW8ggFlawM

-Club Ho

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:You can always record in edison and drag it across to a channel too, reducing the number of instances required. I used to do that fairly frequently, keeping a seperate pattern stored for each bit I'd frozen an audio so I could edit it later at that level later on.
As long as the original patterns/channels are kept in the project, the CPU load will add up (again, on my computer/setup).

Is there a way to let's say delete the original channels and replace them with audio, but somehow be able to reload them if needed at any time? If it's possible, this is the one thing I don't know how to do...

idfpower wrote:As long as the original patterns/channels are kept in the project, the CPU load will add up (again, on my computer/setup).

Is there a way to let's say delete the original channels and replace them with audio, but somehow be able to reload them if needed at any time? If it's possible, this is the one thing I don't know how to do...
thats easy: mute the midi and automation clips in the Playlist or mute the plugin and enable Smart Disable for all the instrument and effects plugins that went into making this sound.

murnau wrote: thats easy: mute the midi and automation clips in the Playlist or mute the plugin and enable Smart Disable for all the instrument and effects plugins that went into making this sound.
Well like I said even with everything muted, once I load a new instance of the same synth it will consider any previously loaded instance and count it for total CPU load - for ex: I'm using a CPU hog synth (on my computer) - let's say Arc5 - 3 instances will suck most of the CPU. Once I render to wave, mute the playlist tracks, mute the synth instances in pattern section, click smart disable and all the other tricks to lower down the CPU, I get let's say 4 - 5% CPU load. BUT if I open a 4th instance of Arc5, the CPU spikes to full load. So it would be good to know how I can delete the first 3 instances of Arc5 and replace them with the rendered wave files (that I actually know, heh), but at the same time being able to recall those deleted instances if I want to modify something...that's my current issue/dilema/whatever you wanna call it... :dog:

do you have the problem with non-synthedit plugins too?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”