SideTrack VST/AU/Audio Morpher Group Buy + Possible 14 Free Products

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

courtjestr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:05 am Joined the group buy today. Great idea adding tokens! Turned the group buy from a "may take a pass on this one" to a "must not let this one pass".

I tried to download Audio Morpher today but Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. Probably a false positive but thought you should know.
Thanks! Yeah it makes sense, it’s just the work time involved that was the issue but I’m glad it’s done. I wanted to post in the thread yesterday to let people know but I have to wait for someone else to post something to reply to otherwise it’s one post every 48 hours like everyone else :)

Did you (or anyone)amuse a token yet? Hopefully it works fine!

As for the virus report, I had someone with Kit Creator report that it was flagged by windows defender a few months ago, I uploaded to total virus and it came back fine from all of those checks. It’s definitely a false positive, I have no interest in coding a virus or spying on what WAVs you create :) If there is the option to submit it when flagged please do that. Back in the horror show when Synthedit modules got constantly flagged that was all you could do, that way they get whitelisted for the future. I wonder if it’s a way to push people towards code signing/notarizing, you have to do it on Apple now otherwise the app won’t open without jumping through some hoops, and you have to pay £79 a year for the certificate. Personally I think it’s a dubious money making scheme in terms of Apple.

On another note I did notice that when I tested Audio Morpher on Windows it wouldn’t process the file immediately after install. If it happens use the internal browser to locate a sample & click on it which will load it into the buffer, this solves it. I’m still doing a bit of work on the website but will get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

I’d love to hear what people think of it, I’ve found it quite fascinating in what it generates.

Andy,
You are number one on this list:
What music software + hardware are you looking forward to be released in 2024?
viewtopic.php?t=606530

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:42 am Andy,
You are number one on this list:
What music software + hardware are you looking forward to be released in 2024?
viewtopic.php?t=606530
Thanks very much! :)

Astralp wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 am Did you (or anyone)amuse a token yet? Hopefully it works fine!
I used two of the three tokens without any issue. Works great!

Really stoked to try audio morpher out along with SideTrack! May have missed, but is audio morpher supported on apple silicone? Getting a instant crash upon trying to launch (M1 Max, Sonoma 14.2.1) Cheers

dirtydenver wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:21 pm Really stoked to try audio morpher out along with SideTrack! May have missed, but is audio morpher supported on apple silicone? Getting a instant crash upon trying to launch (M1 Max, Sonoma 14.2.1) Cheers
Ahhh sorry to hear that. It will probably be something simple.

I have a thread for Bug reports/Support now & added a link to it in my Signature so it’s always easy to find. I can only respond every 48 hours on this thread unless someone posts so the other thread brings the freedom necessary for continuous discussion on issues. I know you sent an email but right now I think it would be better to keep it public in case others experience the same problem.

It’s compiled on an M1, I haven’t upgraded to Sonoma yet, I’m on Ventura but it’s likely not related to that. I’ll have a good look through for possible causes and implement some logging today. If you could subscribe to the other thread I’ll respond there when I have a new version uploaded :)

Andy,
I added the Group buy offer here:
Bargain Center (Bargains ONLY; NO Chat; NO Pictures, NO videos -- TEXT ONLY)
viewtopic.php?p=8839092#p8839092
Please check if it is accurate or if I should change anything.

That’s great, Thanks very much, I forgot that thread was there!

this looks interesting and promising. Does SideTrack come with some sort of "library" or at least demo sound or does it come completely "empty" at the moment?

autodafe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:10 am this looks interesting and promising. Does SideTrack come with some sort of "library" or at least demo sound or does it come completely "empty" at the moment?
There’s a small selection of samples to demonstrate some of the different playback modes, but that’s all right now with the actual Synth.

Eventually there will be lots of sample content, already stage 2 unlocked Homegrown Complete which is basically all of the sample products I released between 2001 & 2010, with 8 of them that have embedded loop points perfect for using in SideTrack. You can drop folders onto the left side of the sample browser which will then be permanent shortcuts to quickly get to a folder you use a lot, and once a sample is selected the up/down keys will scroll up/down the list auto loading the samples as you go. I suppose what I’m saying is that I’ve put a lot of effort into making it quick & easy to use.

There are a couple of presets, but they’re really just tests at the moment, but the preset system no doubt needs further work & I don’t want to spend too much time on making presets until it’s a bit closer to v1.

It’s currently a public beta that expires in a couple of months, so feel free to give it a try :)

SideTrack for MacOS
Windows x64

OK, I am definitely going to test it. I would also like some info about converting or importing from other formats. I have developed some ontakt and Decent Sampler libraries and it would be cool to convert them in SideTrack

autodafe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:13 am OK, I am definitely going to test it. I would also like some info about converting or importing from other formats. I have developed some ontakt and Decent Sampler libraries and it would be cool to convert them in SideTrack
It’s not really that kind of sampler, it can load 2 samples, 1 in each oscillator, that’s it. The concept had a few specific goals. To be quick & easy to use, drop or load sample, it can read embedded loop points or set an xFaded loop in Poly Mode. I also wanted to create something that can load Octatrack .ot sample chain files and provide some of the related functionality. It also supports CUE points in standard WAVs. These can be played like drum kits mapped across the keys, or there is a mode with an automatable/mod destination slice number, which is something I loved on the Octatrack.

There was also a couple of unique playback modes I’ve had in mind for a few years, the first is Chromatic split which splits a wav into equal slices based on the slice number knob. These are then used as individual oscillators per key. This is quite fascinating depending on the source material and an endless source of unique instruments. There’s various volumes modes that can be applied to these slices such as xFade & looping envelope modes.

Wave scan is also an interesting mode that pulls single cycles out of WAVs, and wave stack mode which uses different cycles for each unison voice.

It’s doubtful it will ever support multi-sampling, that’s really not what it’s about. It’s more about chasing early hardware samplers, it lends itself to Lofi rather than hifi, or recreating acoustic instruments etc, there’s tons of great samplers that do that. With most of my instruments over the years I’ve always tried to get some kind of nostalgic feeling into it, and SideTrack is very much geared towards exploring Lofi territory.

My intention is for it to live in it’s own corner of the plug-in market, hopefully providing a few new ways of manipulating samples :)

At some point in the future after the group buy I might add some Kit import formats from Kit Creator, but I doubt there will be time for that during the group buy.

Interested in this group buy. Can you say more about Audio Morpher? How does it work? What’s the “morphing” process?

Audio Morpher is pretty simple application really, it uses profiles that contain a number of essentially what are volume shapes and then selects a bunch of random WAVs to apply them to. You drop folders on the Pool List (now on the right side) and that’s were the WAVs will be pulled from. It can also cross fade the result for a seamless loop which makes them great for using in SideTrack’s Poly Mode, but probably more interesting in the Chromatic Split Mode when split into multiple oscillators.

You can make your own profiles easily, they are just simple xml files, but there will be an internal front end editor for making them before too long. Right now the only mode that exists is minimum which uses the smallest of the selected WAVs, but there will be at least one more and I think perhaps I’ll improve minimum so it uses smaller WAVs in a different way.

Audio Morpher to v0.51

• Reworked the Sample Browser, it now has the shortcuts the same as in SideTrack which is an area to drop folders which you use often. There is now a second place on the right for the Sample Pool Folders which are used to create the WAVs.
  • Added Keyboard Shortcuts;
  • [ - Reduce Playback Speed by 1/2
  • ] - Increase Playback Speed x 2
  • N - Reset Playback Speed
  • M - Restart Playback
  • . - Go to 80% Position
  • , - Go to 50% Position
  • Fixed Reader Memory leak
  • Implemented some Logging (log.txt)
  • Fixed a possible crash when loading WAVs from the browser.
  • Display now consistently updates when WAVs are loaded via the browser.
  • Various fixes/changes.
Known issues:
  • manual needs updating with the new stuff & windows version lists wrong shortcuts, it’s [ & ] not Left/Right Arrows for speed.
  • the new right hand pool top folder doesn’t have a delete button, it’s because the shortcuts top choice must stay where it is as it points to the current export folder so you can always get to it to load the WAVs that have been generated.

Hmm, for some reason I’m only getting audio out of L channel in Audio Morpher. Definitely not a system fault as I get stereo out in other applications.

Also, any chance of getting an ASIO option In settings?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”