Incorrect audio tempo

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anatolio wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:02 pm ...
But the interesting thing is that I insert a sample with 85 bpm into a project with 128 bpm, in the global settings "stretch". The clip gets up 4 bars into the track, while playing even SLOWER than the original sample! I look at the inspector, and there is 170 bpm! That is, Bitwig determined the tempo of the sample, but for some reason multiplied it by 2 ! Why? I rule with my hands in the inspector on "85" and the sample starts playing correctly, while the sample size decreases.
Programms with automatic tempo detection, which try to find meaningful transients in the audio and caculate the tempo from the transient distances and complete file length (no clue what´s all envolved in this process) try to make a good guess what the tempo might be...

When the detected tempo seems too slow for the algorhythm they always tend to double the tempo as a final result... no clue why...

You have to regard it this way:
They are actually doing a great job to guess the correct tempo which is proven by the fact that they spit out at least multiples of the correct tempo...
But it might occure that you have to half or double the guessed tempo to get the correct result...

As soon as you know about this, the fix is actually done quite easy by just trying to half or double it...

Trancit wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:13 pm Programms with automatic tempo detection, which try to find meaningful transients in the audio and caculate the tempo from the transient distances and complete file length (no clue what´s all envolved in this process) try to make a good guess what the tempo might be...

When the detected tempo seems too slow for the algorhythm they always tend to double the tempo as a final result... no clue why...

You have to regard it this way:
They are actually doing a great job to guess the correct tempo which is proven by the fact that they spit out at least multiples of the correct tempo...
But it might occure that you have to half or double the guessed tempo to get the correct result...

As soon as you know about this, the fix is actually done quite easy by just trying to half or double it...
Yes, there are nuances... But knowing them, you can work comfortably, making edits with your hands. Now I know how

JHernandez wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:08 am You want Raw to play back the file, It should leave the audio untouched as it says.

And yeah, your stretch settings work on tracks/clip launcher. Sampler is separate. Sampler doesn't have stretch modes (or warp modes some like to call it) unfortunately.

Try selecting the audio file (well the arranger clip) on the track and check in the Inspector Panel under Audio Event > Mode to make sure it says Raw there as well, just in case.
thanks so much! i tried a few times to figure this out and came across your response. It worked perfectly for my situation.

Return to “Bitwig”