Rebuilding Make Noise Strega in the grid?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TJ Shredder is right… In terms of Strega, the “analog” argument is irrelevant.

I don’t know why there’s so much unwillingness to let go of that. Most everyone responding actually has Strega or at least has used it in person.

elxsound wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:52 pm TJ Shredder is right… In terms of Strega, the “analog” argument is irrelevant.

I don’t know why there’s so much unwillingness to let go of that. Most everyone responding actually has Strega or at least has used it in person.
not that relevant or even mostly irrelevant, sure if you think that, im not disagreeing with that
but completely irrelevant like tj said, no way thats logical

how could someone think something being analog is completely irrelevant to something that is analog, its just like words have lost all meaning :dog:

it doesnt sound completely unique as people are making out, it sounds similar to lots of eurorack bleeps and bloops video

we can agree to disagree, even though ive been making very small claims like 'softube modular would probably sound a bit closer than the grid', i dont see how thats even disputable

its mostly frustration at wanting people to know the meaning of words like 'completely', not misread what i wrote, and not say such unreasonable extreme things when it could be toned down even slightly and be a perfectly fair point, rather than caring about the strega or the argument itself

i realise this is not going to happen so ill duck out, i deleted a post for that reason already but got sucked back in

Thanks a lot in the round.. Your answers give me so many inspiration that i do not buy the strega in the next time.
More and more I think that bitwig gives so many interesting modules in my hand that not a copy of the strega comes but more something individual from me... 👍

Building other synths in the Grid is a lot of fun. I have a Benjolin and a Kontour/C15 patch I'm working on. Couple thoughts:

Anything with feedback can't be exactly emulated in software. Not because analog is magic, but because the Grid always delays signals by the audio buffer and an analog signal is only delayed by the speed of electricity. Feedback is also a non-linear process. Strega has lots of feedback routing. Digital synths (for example Kontour) sound different with feedback. The same applies to crossmod.

PT2399 is, as was mentioned, a digital delay. But it is a "bad" one. I've never seen an emulation of its weird artifacts that come from pushing it past reccomended delay times (as in Strega). The Grid does not have a way to replicate samplerate dropping with time, although a bitcrusher in a delay loop wouldn't hurt.

VA synths always aim to emulate normal sounds. But when you push analog with feedback, crossmod, etc., that's when real differences show up.

Return to “Bitwig”