Favorite Cherry Audio Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Novachord was released May 16, 2023, followed by Octave Cat on July 11.

That's more like it!

I really like the Memorymode, and the Mercury-4. Am super curious on the CAT and the Elka. Gotta try them soon.

I did a quick browse of this thread and made notes of people's favorites so far. To make this list, either someone said an instrument was their very favorite, one of their favorites, or they gave it glowing praise.

1st Place - 6 Recommendations:
  • Dreamsynth
  • GX-80
  • Surrealistic MG-1 Plus
2nd Place - 5 Recommendations:
  • Memorymode
  • Mercury-4
3rd Place - 4 Recommendations:
  • CA2600
  • Harmonia
  • Mercury-6
  • Sines
I'm sure this list would change if I did a new thread a couple years from now. Each of the Cherry Audio synths has been on the market for a different amount of time, which skews the results. Some of the current Cherry Audio synths hadn't even been introduced when this thread was started. For example, I predict the new Chroma will prove to be one of their popular synths in the future.
Last edited by McLilith on Sat May 18, 2024 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Dreamsynth is the pick of the bunch for me...

That is one very sweet cherry ...
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:01 am Dreamsynth is the pick of the bunch for me...

I just updated my list to reflect your recommendation. You just pushed Dreamsynth into the top tier. :)
GlenVision.com

seems right, dreamsynth and MG1 for me. the free MG1 one I still use, Dreamsynth could use some gui love, but basicly a cool synth. The others I do not use/care for anymore. But I admit I stopped buying after the dreamsynth and its horrendous cpu-use in the begining, was fixed later, but I had already moved on. Never looked back, only for the MG1 that one is solid.

McLilith wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:07 am
digitalboytn wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:01 am Dreamsynth is the pick of the bunch for me...

I just updated my list to reflect your recommendation. You just pushed Dreamsynth into the top tier. :)
I'm always a little late to the party :party:

Dreamsynth is one of my favourite soft synths...

Very versatile with so many great possibilities and a lot of nice surprises....

I find it really fun to use and that's never a bad thing :wink:
No auto tune...

Dreamsynth, Mercury 4 and Quadra are in HumbleBundle's Music Creators Studio Essentials for $20 for 17 more days.

vmood wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 am Dreamsynth, Mercury 4 and Quadra are in HumbleBundle's Music Creators Studio Essentials for $20 for 17 more days.
Yes, and the bundle also includes their Stardust 201 Tape Echo.

Their Synthesizer Expander Module (Oberheim SEM) is also included, but that's always a freebie.

Cherry Audio Humble Bundle

Several other items are included, besides the Cherry Audio synths. It's a terrific bargain!

GlenVision.com

Got the bundle but I don't really understand the point of the Quadra with its 4 in one approach. Are you meant to use each module on splits or multi-timbrally or something?

vmood wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 am Dreamsynth, Mercury 4 and Quadra are in HumbleBundle's Music Creators Studio Essentials for $20 for 17 more days.
This is unreal. I’ve already got Mercury 4 & Space Echo, but £21 and you can get Dreamsynth and Quadra 😳 Madness!!!!
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Madness indeed. I already had Quadra and seriously don't need any more synths just now, but €18.60 for Dreamsynth and Mercury-4 with the space echo thrown in...

Picked up Dreamsynth because of the bundle, definitely a good synth, though I feel like Cherry Audio does this blanket oversampling to get the quality to be decent and it can often make their plugins very CPU intensive, and not quite fix the issue. For instance, you need to crank the oversampling all the way up to get audio rate filter modulation to sound OK, and then it only sounds OK. You can hear the sample rate beating against the note frequencies. I feel like other developers handle this in a more elegant way, like Synapse Audio. In Dune, you can just up the modulation refresh rate. (Though to be honest, it could go a bit higher)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I decided to pay $30 to give a little more, what a great bundle, happy to finally have Dreamsynth !
Quadra has some wicked sounds too, even Mercury 4 with a simpler layout can do quite a lot.
I love Cherry Audio synths.
Some of them need extra processing, I added Bassdude to some Quadra basses and wow blew my mind!
Also I like to use Hybrid Filter on some leads to give them more life.

If you aren't sure about Cherry Audio, listen to some videos on YT and go for it, great value for money, great fun to have !

Return to “Instruments”